• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

System Time changes on Reboot

F

fishnyc22

Ok. Am I going crazy?????

I set the system time using Plesk Admin. I reboot, and it changes.

I do this over and over again thinking someones playing a joke on me. Is it one of you guys??? :)

I'm in New York EST and I need the server to reflect that.

I tried using the command line and deleting the symbolic link to /etc/localtime and resetting it to:

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST /etc/localtime

check the time with the 'date' command it its correct. But when I reboot. It changes....

PLEEEASEE HELP ME! I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!!!

Fish

><>

OK. heres a VERY interesting update. Every time I reboot the machine, the date shift back -5 hrs. Every time.

So there is definately something weird going on there. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Thanks

Dave

Server and backup time went wrong

I have a strange problem related to the server time too.

There is no change to the server time when I rebooted the server. However, all backup schedules set to run in mid night between 1 to 3 am having all actually ran in the morning and afternoon. Simply just could not determine what time it will kick off the backup. Looks ramdom timing.

Plesk Support Team - can you advise?

I've been going crazy too.

Im in Australia on Australian EST time however my ftp server keeps screwing with me and sets puts me into US EST time and shows as being 15 hours behind.

I'm running Plesk 8.0.1, PHP 5.0.4

Back