1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

System Time changes on Reboot

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by fishnyc22, Jun 17, 2006.

1. fishnyc22

fishnyc22 Guest

Ok. Am I going crazy?????

I set the system time using Plesk Admin. I reboot, and it changes.

I do this over and over again thinking someones playing a joke on me. Is it one of you guys??? :)

I'm in New York EST and I need the server to reflect that.

I tried using the command line and deleting the symbolic link to /etc/localtime and resetting it to:

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST /etc/localtime

check the time with the 'date' command it its correct. But when I reboot. It changes....

PLEEEASEE HELP ME! I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!!!

Fish

><>

2. fishnyc22

fishnyc22 Guest

OK. heres a VERY interesting update. Every time I reboot the machine, the date shift back -5 hrs. Every time.

So there is definately something weird going on there. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Thanks

Dave

3. dhub

dhub Guest

Server and backup time went wrong

I have a strange problem related to the server time too.

There is no change to the server time when I rebooted the server. However, all backup schedules set to run in mid night between 1 to 3 am having all actually ran in the morning and afternoon. Simply just could not determine what time it will kick off the backup. Looks ramdom timing.

Plesk Support Team - can you advise?

4. BDMM

BDMM Basic Pleskian

90%
    I've been going crazy too.

Im in Australia on Australian EST time however my ftp server keeps screwing with me and sets puts me into US EST time and shows as being 15 hours behind.

I'm running Plesk 8.0.1, PHP 5.0.4

5. iHosting

iHosting Guest

the same weird problem any one has a solution?? =P

6. wjtech

wjtech Guest