• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue System Updates problem

H.W.B

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.48
Hello,
I have a strange problem with System Updates.
I have Switch off all automatic updates. I received a notification that there where System Updates.
When i go to the System Update i see the following
FireShot Pro Webpage Screenshot #024 - 'Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48' - plesk.henkbartels.biz.png

Then i slect all files and Click on Update.

FireShot Pro Webpage Screenshot #025 - 'Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48' - plesk.henkbartels.biz.png
And then i don't get the screen showing the files update but directly after clicking the upodate button this appears.

Is this normal??

Henk

Could you please click on "Tools & Settings > Server Management > Server Components > Refresh" to make sure that Plesk has read the latest component configuration? Then please check again for the updates. If the issue persists, it could result from duplicate packages on your system.

Hello Peter,

I did what you wrote. After checking for updates, none are found.

Henk

You can try to update the packages using yum on the console, e.g.
# yum clean all
# yum update
and watchout for errors.

Ah, I see. I should have been clearer in my wording. With "watchout for errors" I meant: the yum update does the update of the packages, just make sure that no errors are shown during the update. So if you did the yum update, now all packages should be up-to-date in the GUI, too. Are they?

I believe I have the same or a very similar issue here.
Plesk System Updates are set to only update manually and I usually get an update notification email around 7am.
I usually start working much later around 10 am and when I check Plesk and want to install these updates I get a message that there are no updates waiting to be installed.
If I then go to All Packages and search for one of the packages, that were mentioned in the notification email, I see that it's already been installed.
There is no one else who could install these except of me and the automatic updates are purposely disabled because there are usually hours between automatic update checks and the time I start working and could react to something not working anymore.
Does anyone have an idea why this started happening?
Last thursday I updated Plesk from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50#2 to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51 and around 15 packages.
That was the last time I installed updates manually.

System Updates Settings
1679479333352.png
Notification email:
1679479489672.png
No available updates:
1679479625416.png
Curl already got updated from 7.68.0-1ubuntu2.16 to curl 7.68.0-1ubuntu2.18
1679479701874.png

Back