• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Systemupdates

mariodieck

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47
Hello folks

when I look under Tools & Settings -> System Updates, I always get the following message;

Error: The System Updates tool is set to install updates automatically. Try again later.

In the settings, the checkmark for "Enable secure updates for system packages" is disabled.

What could be the cause for this?

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.05 - 10.55.04.43.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.05 - 10.55.04.43.png
    273.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.05 - 10.55.29.26.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.05 - 10.55.29.26.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 6
Two things come to my mind here:

1) I suggest to check "Sichere Updates für Systempakete aktivieren". This limits the updates to known and stable repositories, hence dramatically increases the stability of update transactions and dependency resolution. If you omit the checkmark in that box, you will need to make sure that for all of your repositories the dependencies are correctly resolved across repositories. Personally, I'd not dare to do this. It is much safer to stick with proven mainstream respositories.

2) There is slight chance that (1) has already lead to the issue that you are seeing. Please try to look into the process list whether there are hanging update processes or check the server logs whether there are incomplete updates from previous system update attempts. These need to be completed, hanging processes need to be stopped (however I am not sure whether I can recommend killing them, because who knows what they have done and what the status is). You cannot use Plesk's update function while an update is already running on system level.

Back