• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Taxes in eShop module?

B

beauchman22

Is there a way to add taxes to product(s) in the eShop module. Since all countries use some form of taxes and all ecommerce platforms have a tax function shouldn't the eShop module for Sitebuilder?

If it already does have this functionality can you please tell me how to set it?

Thanks,

No, there isn't a way to handle taxes yet. (Or in SB 4.5) The work around to this is to include the tax in the price of the product. Just a heads up that you are really limited on ways to calculate shipping...there's only one, a flat rate. Despite the eShop module's great functionality, Parallels needs to address the tax and shipping calculation issue before most businesses can use the module. I'm pretty sure it's on on their list of things to improve, but I'm not sure about the timing.

Hey Jason, thanks for the reply. It would be great if they could add these features sooner rather than later b/c as you said it is very very limited as is. How can you sell something in todays world and not charge appropriate taxes?

I run a web development company and have other incredibly complex solutions for building eCommerce sites but they are custom and expensive so i was hoping to use eShop as an affodable solution but if it is this limited it's almost not worth it.

Kevin Beauchamp
President/ Creative Director
MindStormstudio.com

Can you tell me when this will be coming out? I'm new so not sure when current version came out. Thanks.

Dawn

It is planned to be added into next version 5. Unfortunately, can not say anything exact concerning release date for this new version.

Back