• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Templates (again)

O

osmoswebnow

We have Sitebuilder 3.0.2 for linux, and it works pretty well. On request from a client who has requested a load of sites from us:

1) We downloaded some templates, and extracted contents from archive as directories

2) We modified banner designs and graphics only, we didn't change layouts, filenames of images, etc.

3) We named each template directory as a different directory altogether.

We now wish for :

4) These templates to be loaded up again into sitebuilder for use, with different names than the original one.

5) That a separate category be created, other than one existing in sitebuilder, to store these new templates that we have created.

What steps are recommended for this ?

Sanjeev Sarma
OSMOSWEBNOW

That sounds simliar to what we want to do.

So far we managed to get modified templates into SB and then using them in a plan. Gal archieved, but it is not really the smoothest process.

The documentation explains how to make templates and .msi installers, but theres is nothing said about how to make suitable rpms - is there a way or are linux users forced to adapt everthing on the server and the Database manually?

Regards
Michael

could you share what you did please?

Would be helpful to know how you did this ...

Regards
Sanjeev Sarma

Did anybody figure this out?

We have the same need, and are running on a Linux server.

osmos,

It looks like you just need to run:

Code:
# sb_config --update_templates

Here's a forum thread I found that explains further:

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39233

And here's a forum thread with some steps I've taken to create a custom template based on an existing, stock template (good if your client likes one of the stock templates but would like some tweaks).

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44847

As you can read with the above thread, there's a problem somewhere, because it's not working the way it should, but regardless, I think the majority of the steps are sound and I hope will help you out.

Back