1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Thawte Certificate and Root CA for Control Panel

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by chuck.boyer, Aug 30, 2004.

1. chuck.boyer

chuck.boyer Guest

We have purchased a Thawte certificate for the control panel interface and I have uploaded it. I'm now trying to set the appropriate CA Certificate. When I select the cer file for either the Thawte SSL Domain CA.cer or the ThawteServerCA.cer I get an error message from Plesk.

When I copy the text of ThawteServerCA.txt into the text box and send the text, it uploads okay, but in the certificates list the A icon has a star. Also, when i bring up the control panel i get prompted to accept the certificate and Thawte is not included in the certificate chain.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyone else out there having the same problem?

Thanks
    Chuck.

2. DigitalEmotions

DigitalEmotions Guest

I have this problem with a Comodo certificate. Has ANYONE out there actually got a certificate working on the control panel interface without the security alert popping up?

I was communicating to Plesk support trying to solve the problem.. but as the day went on i got responses from 3 different support people, and the last had absolutely no clue.

3. eilko

eilko Regular Pleskian

73%
  4. DigitalEmotions

DigitalEmotions Guest

I read that thread and tried those changes, but had no success.

Did you follow those instructions and successfuly have it working on a windows server?

5. DigitalEmotions

DigitalEmotions Guest

Sorted it out. Thanks Eilko