• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue "The backup cannot be removed because it is a part of a server, reseller, or customer backup"

Pinocchio

New Pleskian
Hi,

Backup Manager shows backups that can't be deleted. Message says: "The backup cannot be removed because it is a part of a server, reseller, or customer backup" (please see screenshots). I followed this article but didn't seem to work:  How to remove Plesk backup files and their logs

How can I get rid of these backups?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.png
    2.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 40
Login as admin and delete from tools & settings > backup manager

if you make a server backup then it will be visible on customers etc for restores but cannot be deleted there

Thanks for your reply. I didn't mention the fact that I was logged in as root. I tried logging in as admin, but it's still not possible to delete backups from tools & settings > backup manager and from websites & domains > backup manager. Backup checkboxes aren't selectable and display the following message when hovering the mouse pointer: "The backup cannot be removed because it is a part of a server, reseller, or customer backup", as you can see from the screenshots above. Again, this happens no matter how I am logged in (admin or root). Server is hosting my websites only.

Edit: bakups are either "failed" or "finished with warnings".

Last edited:
If I do get it correctly this backup you're talking about is visible over the admin account inside tools & settings > backup manager and also displays the message that it cannot be removed?

Do you know from where this backup was done? (Subscription, Customer, Reseller, Server)

One backup is visible from tools & settings > backup manager, and other several backups are visible from websites & domains > backup manager > example.com. None of these backups can be removed (see screenshot). Server is hosting my four websites only, I'm not a reseller.

I'm not sure where these backups come from but I recently migrated to a different server.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.png
    2.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 25
Has this been resolved? I am having the same issue. I am logged in as administrator and cannot remove some backups; the checkbox is grayed out and I see the message on the subject header of this issue when I hover over the checkbox.

Where do you back up to?
You could always delete the backup file directly on the storage.

Same. Tick box is not active in Admin/user account. There is no resellers. How to remove the backups? It's definitely a bug.

I started a remote backup job and just after clicking ok I realized that I had configuration error in my remote server so I stopped the backup task from backup manager. It got stuck spinning with message "stopping" and I had to kill it from terminal. Now I can't remove the backup from backup manager. I am logged in as admin. Also tried as root.

Hello everybody,

Does anybody explain or advise how to remove some part of backups?
selection is imposible, because they is freezed. Some of my clients want to remove unneeded backups and me as admin also cant do also.
Is still is as such a bug?

1666074653830.png

"Part of server backup" means that this is a locally stored backup that the admin of the machine has created. Subscribers can see, but cannot directly access or delete these backups, because they do not own them. Only the server administrator can access these backups. He will not be able to access the files separately though. What you are seeing is merely an information on segments of a probably much larger server backup archive, that are associated with the subscriber.

Reactions: mow
"Part of server backup" means that this is a locally stored backup that the admin of the machine has created. Subscribers can see, but cannot directly access or delete these backups, because they do not own them. Only the server administrator can access these backups. He will not be able to access the files separately though. What you are seeing is merely an information on segments of a probably much larger server backup archive, that are associated with the subscriber.
In this case what need to do, that those backups (i mean in future) become owns for accounts? Is it possible?

Back