• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved "The license key is invalid" - I have an active subscription?

jase42

New Pleskian
I installed Plesk with a trial license on 12/11/2017 to see if it would work on my VPS. It did, so I had my VPS provider apply a monthly subscription Plesk license to my server on 13/11/2017.

Around the 28/11/2017 I started getting errors on Plesk. Between 10-30 seconds after logging in, I would be redirected to the following page:

http://websiteipaddress:8880/plesk/license/

u6zzdsX.png

Based on that screenshot, it looks as though it is using the paid monthly subscription, as the next license update is 13/12/2017, which is 1 month after my VPS provider applied the subscription to my VPS.

Why am I encountering this error constantly and how can I fix it?

The key is the alphanumeric string that starts with PLSK and is blacked out in your screenshot. You probably won't need more than that. If you are leasing the key from your hosting provider, if your provider is a reseller respectively, then your first tier to address issues is your hosting provider.

The key is the alphanumeric string that starts with PLSK and is blacked out in your screenshot. You probably won't need more than that. If you are leasing the key from your hosting provider, if your provider is a reseller respectively, then your first tier to address issues is your hosting provider.

Thanks, I'll get in touch with them and see if they can resolve it

@jase42

In addition to the latest post by @Peter Debik and in response to your question

I don't have access to the key or activation details, as it was done by my VPS host - should I still do what you suggested above, or will I need those details first?

you can and should:

1 - contact Plesk Support (and helps to provide both license key and the IP of your server, to allow Plesk Support team a faster analysis), (AND)

2 - contact the hosting provider that delivered the license key: it is very likely that they bought and applied a wrong license key.

Regards........

Back