• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved The System Updates tool is already installing updates in automatic mode. Please try later.

In regard to The System Updates does not work: The System Updates tool is already installing updates in automatic mode. Please try later. ... what to do, if there is no such process and still the GUI shows "The System Updates tool is already installing updates in automatic mode. Please try later."?

I'm facing this issue on one out of five servers, all managed within in a multi server setup (17.5.3#61, resp. #60 for the not-updatable server).
The issue first occurred between 2nd and 6th of November, in case that says something.

Thanks for your reply!
The lock file seems to be generated the time I hit "Update All" - soon after again I'll again get the info "The System Updates tool is already installing updates in automatic mode. Please try later.". So, removing that lock file did not do the trick.

the following actions fixed the problem (for now?):

In CLI:
plesk installer update
# run (micro) updates for plesk itself, this successfully updated my setup from #60 to #61

plesk repair all -y
# tries to repair all errors found in the system

Then, in GUI:
Execute "Update All"

So I mark it as solved for the moment

Back