• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Third Party DNS TTL Input Parameter

HExSM

New Pleskian
I use a custom extension to update our nameserver. Yesterday we switched from Plesk Onyx to Plesk Obsidian. Since Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31 it is possible to enter the TTL for a resource record.

Now I want to update my custom extension and get the value from the zone data instead of a static value. At Third-Party DNS Services I found the list with the available parameters. Unfortunately I can't find the value for TTL. I guessed it's zone->rr->ttl, but that didn't work.

Can someone tell me how to get the TTL value for a resource record?

Thank you in advance!

Coincidentally I have been playing with the Plesk REST API today to get DNS zones. I noticed that the TTL values are only shown in the API results when an record has a different value set by a user. Perhaps this is the case as well for retrieving DNS zone data for an extension. So zone->rr->ttl (or any other variety) might not return anything if no TTL value has been set for a record.

However this is just speculation on my part, based on my observations with the REST API today.

Last edited:
Hi @Rasp ,
thank you very much for your hints!

I analyzed the Route 53 extension, but there zone->soa->ttl is used for all records. It does not use the new TTL field for the resource records, which was added in Plesk Obsidian.

But your speculations about zone->rr->ttl and that it's only filled if it's not the default value looks promising. I will give that a try.

Back