• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Third Party DNS TTL Input Parameter

HExSM

New Pleskian
I use a custom extension to update our nameserver. Yesterday we switched from Plesk Onyx to Plesk Obsidian. Since Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31 it is possible to enter the TTL for a resource record.

Now I want to update my custom extension and get the value from the zone data instead of a static value. At Third-Party DNS Services I found the list with the available parameters. Unfortunately I can't find the value for TTL. I guessed it's zone->rr->ttl, but that didn't work.

Can someone tell me how to get the TTL value for a resource record?

Thank you in advance!

Coincidentally I have been playing with the Plesk REST API today to get DNS zones. I noticed that the TTL values are only shown in the API results when an record has a different value set by a user. Perhaps this is the case as well for retrieving DNS zone data for an extension. So zone->rr->ttl (or any other variety) might not return anything if no TTL value has been set for a record.

However this is just speculation on my part, based on my observations with the REST API today.

Last edited:
Hi @Rasp ,
thank you very much for your hints!

I analyzed the Route 53 extension, but there zone->soa->ttl is used for all records. It does not use the new TTL field for the resource records, which was added in Plesk Obsidian.

But your speculations about zone->rr->ttl and that it's only filled if it's not the default value looks promising. I will give that a try.

Back