• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

To 7.5.2 Hosting Providers, would you recommend to upgrade from 7.16 to 7.5.2 ?

W

WebCTRL

I want to use the new feature from 7.5. reloaded "SMTP Reject" Is 7.5.2. worth to upgrade?

It might be helpful if posters comment why they think what they think to.

Yes - I agreed

I must say Plesk products are NOT very stable and we spend more time testing thier products. I feel that we are paying them to do thier work!....

Is this release 7.5.2 stable? Please VOTE!

Originally posted by Cranky
Personally, I think it is stable enough on RHEL3.

Thanks Cranky!

Did you upgrade from 7.1.6 or was it a new installation ?

I've done both - quite a few times. I did hit a small problem on one server, but that was with MySQL4.1. If you're running MySQL4 or 4.1 be wary, otherwise I'd say you'll be fine.

I think I've done upgrades from 7.1.3, 7.1.4, 7.1.5, 7.1.6, 7.5.0, 7.5.1, and from 6.0.x -> 7.0.x -> 7.1.6 -> 7.5.x. Basically I've done most combinations, and not experienced any major problems except as above - all RH9/FC1/FC2/RHEL3.

Glad to hear it when well for you.

reading on the forum:

they were issues when upgrading to 7.5 with expand and sitebuilder installed on the same server

Did you have these problems or are they resolved with 7.5.2 ?

Also, did they fix the "SMTP required authentication option" ?

It does not work on 7.1.6 and we are looking at upgrading to 7.5.2

Any words of wisdom?

You should be able to either remove expand, upgrade plesk, install expand-psa7.5, or just make RPM skip over the expand dependancy check and upgrade expand afterwards.

SMTP-Auth worked fine on 7.1.6 for me, there'd be too many open relays for them to not make that work.

I've just upgraded 1 server which runs sitebuilder - 7.1.6 -> 7.5.2 I believe - worked without a problem.

We did an upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.5.1 and ran across some problems with mysql, but after a few days it was eventually all fixed by our datacenter who did the upgrade for us. I think they ended up upgrading mysql from 3 to 4 to do the initial upgrade then back down from 4 to 3 to get the upgrade to work properly and even then, they had to add some tables that were removed during the mysql downgrade. It was a bunch of headaches initially, but no major problems since.

I have Redhat 3 and upgraded with no problems. It couldn't have been any more perfect.

Back