• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tomcat Failed

cpartassides

New Pleskian
Long story short: - i will try to outline what i think the relative actions i took to result to a broken tomcat:

1. Added a domain in plesk, which domain did not resolved yet to the IP of the server as the domain propagation was not finished/seen by the server.
2. Then went in java apps and tried to install a web application.Install didnt work ( cant remember error message)
3. went to sleep :)
4. several hours later all the java applications of tomcat of all the domains did not work...the web applications returned a "zero byte reply" , which put me into panic mode...
5. try to disable/enable tomcat,applications which didnt work , and then plesk would not even load the java applications page of a domain - restarted whole server which did not work.
6. uninstalled/installed tomcat a couple of times with no getting better, the directory was completely clean.
7. Now i have tomcat installed and when i try to turn java on for a domain i am getting this error:
Unable to turn Tomcat Service on: tomcatmng::install_vhost() failed: tomcatmng failed: Can't find Engine PSA.
In addition the java applications i had installed before they are still displayed in the java applications list (off course they are no where to be seen inside the web applicatios of psa-webapps of tomcat). In addition when i try to upload a new app i am getting the error: Error: Unable to copy .war file: Unable to copy (C:\Parallels\Plesk\tmp\php6.tmp) to (C:\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Tomcat\psa-wars\[my domain here]\[my war file name here]): (3) The system cannot find the path specified.

8. Now i found a relative 3 year old thread here : http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=28127&highlight=tomcatmng
it seems there is a good suggestion there but not sure from which database to execute that SQL. When use webadmin from plesk8.4 from inside database server icon , all the databases i see are mine and the default MySQL (informatoin_scheme + mysql).

9. I hope some of the plesk gurus here has a comment/solution !!!

You might find a more elegant solution for Tomcat at ngasi.com
with their NGASI AppServer Manager

it seems all i had to do is to delete the persistant references to the web applications from 2 tables of the plesk configuration database

it seems all i had to do is to delete the persistant references to the web applications from 2 tables of the plesk configuration database

Could you elaborate? I'm new to plesk and I'm having the same problem.
How do you access the "plesk configuration database"?

Thanks a lot!
Ben

Back