• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer of customer from one server to another failed

tohesse

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I have a problem transfering a customer from one Server to a new one. I work with Plesk 11.0.6 and 11.0.9. The transfer of the customer with the migration manager stops with the following failure:

--------------------------
Error: domain "<removed>"

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update <removed> -guid <removed> -vendor-guid <removed> -creation-date 2010-11-02 -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip <old server ip> -www-root httpdocs -login '' -passwd '' -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for command's '-login' parameter.
---------------------------

I don't know what I can do now. Where can I type in the correct parameters for the -login option? Is there a problem within Plesk? Please Help!!!

The old Server is running plesk 11.0.6.

Regards
Torsten

Is that error you get when running command line or you've tried Transfer & Migration Manager from Plesk? If it's command line, try Transfer & Migration Manager from plesk, that usually worst smooth and fine with no problems.

IF there is a problem with plesk and you're sure of that, you have investigate and searched for problems/solutions on google/forums and there is nothing like that, well then, report it, send ticket.

Question for you: What is stopping you to migrate this manually until you find solution to this problem? Connection between servers is very fast, transfer of data shouldn't be the problem, only if there is some custom non-standard coded application which you can't figure out how is working (with paths/includes and stuff) :)

Thanks for answer. I don't use the command line. I use the transfer & migration manager of the GUI. The error message is from the error report after execution. The task runs round about 8 minutes and gives me the failure message you know.

I searched with google, but I found nothing related to the described error. Also I asked 1&1 support, but they can't help. We searched also about password files for the customer accounts but no result. I also can't move the whole server, because the customer is one of 50.

The manual transfer is a solution but there is a shop system in the backgroud. I honestly don't know, which databases and other stuff I have to move to the new server. Also there are a lot of domains relatet to the customer. The way with the manager is quiet easier for me.

Do you know, what the account data are, that are used in the command "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php"?

Do you know, what the account data are, that are used in the command "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php"?

Nope.

I searched with google, but I found nothing related to the described error. Also I asked 1&1 support, but they can't help.

I've faced them (1und1.de) and i don't know what to say really. Once i was moving clients website from them to us, and problem started with changing DNS. What i didn't knew is that you must have two different IP address's (at least they told me so) on your nameserver, and on that server i had to move website, there was only one IP for both nameservers and that caused so much trouble that after almost 2 months later they still don't know what to do (don't get me wrong, i "crushed" their system with that, website didn't work, after 36 hours DNS didn't apply new nameservers, everything got stucked, after that they figure it out that you need two IP address's for .de domains, we were unable to transfer domain to other registrar, and still can't do anything).

Anyway, back to your problem. If it's your server where you want to transfer all the data, and you have access to files on both side, both shell, you can just export all files/databases, transfer them to the new server and test them without changing DNS, right?

Back