• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to access "Updates and Upgrades" page - No encryption on port 8447

Walter

Basic Pleskian
OS ‪Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #45, last updated on April 12, 2018 06:25 A

When I click on "Updates and Upgrades" from the Plesk tools page, it comes up with a browser error:

Using a common SSL validation test:
The server does not have SSL/TLS encryption on port 8447. Data exchange with end-users can be intercepted.

I do have custom encryption settings for the nginx portion of my site:

/etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf
Code:
ssl_ciphers ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA512:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA512:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-$
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
ssl_protocols TLSv1.2;
ssl_ecdh_curve secp384r1;
ssl_session_timeout  10m;
ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;
ssl_session_tickets off;
ssl_dhparam /opt/psa/etc/dhparams4096.pem;

Everything else works fine, I can access Plesk admin pages, all domains that I host and mail pages without issue.

I'm sure everyone says they didn't do anything but I have not made any modifications to my Plesk settings in many months. BUT I do regularly go into the updates and upgrades page to perform updates. It is my opinion that this inability to access the page is through an update to the Plesk software but I cannot place when that was other than within the last 2 months.

Back