• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to change hosting type for a domain

ArkadiC

New Pleskian
I can only suspend the domain. Has it something to do with the fact that the domain is the primary domain? Is there another possibility?

Thx!

Click on Hosting Settings for domain and change hosting type there.

Unfortunately I only have to option to change these settings:

IP addresses on which the website is hosted are network addresses of the website's virtual host.
System user account used to manage files and folders of websites within the subscription.

There is no possibility to change the hosting type.

Do you have enabled corresponding permission in subscription?

I did it as admin too.
Could you please post screenshots here?

Please post here screenshot with all permissions for this subscription.

Well. simneerpelt.be is main domain and looks like has additional domain. Therefore you can't change hosting type for main domain when this domain has additional domain inside. You can change hosting type for additional domain.

I think we may have the same problem. We have a customer with 2 domains in a subscription. They have created a new website hosted with an external provider and they would like us to now setup forwarding on the two domains we hold for them to redirect traffic to their new website. I have been able to setup forwarding on one of the domains as per normal. However, I only have the option to disable or suspend the other domain. There is no option to change anything for hosting type. Is there anyway to change the hosting type? Am I missing something obvious? Is this behaviour by design or is it a bug that will be fixed? We host websites for several hundred schools and quite a few of them will have a couple of domains - an "official" one and one they have chosen because they think it is more friendly / memorable. It is not uncommon for schools to change who designs and hosts their website (e.g a new headteacher joins a school and decides they want a new website), so it would be nice if we could chnage the hosting type for both domains. Any ideas or help are most appreciated.

It is not bug. It is behaviour by design. When you have one subscription - you have one main domain - webspace and all additional domains will inside this webspace. If you want to change hosting type for main domain - forwarding, for instance, what should we do with additional domains inside webspace?
So, you can change hosting type only for additional domains of for main domain of subscription in case when there are no additional domains.

It is not bug. It is behaviour by design. When you have one subscription - you have one main domain - webspace and all additional domains will inside this webspace. If you want to change hosting type for main domain - forwarding, for instance, what should we do with additional domains inside webspace?
So, you can change hosting type only for additional domains of for main domain of subscription in case when there are no additional domains.

Back