• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue unable to connect via smtp or pop to mailenable server

mudassar

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am unable to connect to my mailenable server using the smtp and pop details in plesk. I have done all of the tasks such as enable all of the relevant ports etc. I have tried all of the main clients.

I can add the account through the gmail 'check mail from other accounts' section by entering my pop info. It works there but no where else. I have tried outlook and a few email clients.

Can there be a reason for this?

Also i have activated horde on one of my domains and i can log in via pop but not IMAP, it says log in failed. I'm not sure how i would fix this as this is all default plesk settings? If i change the log in to pop it will log in. I'm totally confused as to why this is.

Have you tried to test the connection to SMTP, POP, IMAP ports with command-line utilities, telnet, for example?
At first sight, it looks like ports firewalling. Maybe the mail server is not correctly operating.

i can connect via the basic mail app on windows 10 fine. but only to one domain (the one i have listed under 'specify a custom domain name for mail autodiscover') however when I enter the exact same connection details in outlook outlook comes with the error 'couldn't connect to the incomming (pop) server.
I'm so confused.

1] If you are using domain name as SMTP/POP incoming/outgoing mail server then make sure domain name resolves to server IP address
2] Make sure you have correct IP entries in Relay of MailEnable
3] In Outlook check option "My server requires authentication" for Outgoing mail server
4] If you do not have correct password for email account then you can get it from AUTH.TAB file in MailEnable installation folder
5] Try to configure email account with Manual Configuration option by enter all details manually instead Auto as auto option will detect settings automatically and use it
6] SMTP port and POP port must be opened in Firewall and anti virus active on server side as well as on your local machine

Regards,
Sam F

Last edited by a moderator:
hello @mudassar ,
as Igor said it is necessary to check that ports are not blocked by firewall first.
the second, is to check that hostname that you're using for connect correctly resolves to the server IP

also, did you try "plesk repair mail -v" command ?

another one reason is that there is may be self-signed / invalid certificate may be installed.

Back