• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale

jbcampos

New Pleskian
I've had a plesk 11 installation going for a few days on my 2012 server. Everything seemed to be working fine until today when I came in I got this error message:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.

0: common_func.php3:73
psaerror(string 'Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.')
1: auth.php3:208

I didn't have much time to troubleshoot it but when I tried it again in a few hours it was working again. I tried later today and now its having the same problem. Kind of scratching my head on this one. I saw other posts recommended to look at the locale's in the plesk mysql database. I'm not sure what user/pass to use to login to the plesk mysql db server, and even if I do if I find missing/broken locale's how would I fix them? Suppose I could run the installer again to see if I can add/remove components that way.

Tried resetting the locale's in reference to reading http://kb.parallels.com/en/112315 but get the same error:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin> .\server_pref.exe --set-default -locale en-US
Cannot initialize admin's session: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin> .\admin.exe -u -locale en-US
Cannot initialize admin's session: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.

The locale's are there I'm able to locate them here C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\common\resources\languages\en-US

I suppose it's a permissions or UAC thing?

Well I did see that but I didn't know what password the plesk mysql instance used. I tried my local admin, plesk admin password, couldn't get in. I suppose I could reinstall since this is a newly created server with no live customers on it but i'd like to figure out how to fix it in case it does happen to a live server.

Thanks Igor. Seems everything is correct. Anything else you could think of? I could just reinstall it as this is a new deployment. If we upgrade an existing panel server and run into this issue is there a guide we could use on what to backup, etc.

Had to open a ticket with support. Issue came down to incorrect permissions on one of the locate folders. Issue has since come back again though. Re-opened my ticket. I'll see what they say next.

Had to open a ticket with support. Issue came down to incorrect permissions on one of the locate folders. Issue has since come back again though. Re-opened my ticket. I'll see what they say next.

Please send me ticket id in PM. I will check it.

Back