• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to create the remote backup error (cache size problem)

ramherfer

New Pleskian
Since the last Plesk update, which I think is the trigger for my problem, and from the backup manager, full and incremental copies give the following error:
"" Unable to create the remote backup: Unable to resume an interrupted upload: Seek out of scope of a stream cache (current cache size: 6 MB, cached data size: 6 MB, required data size: 23 MB): The connectivity problem : (55) Failed sending data to the peer: Last FTP request: APPE backup_2111110018_2111120018.tar: Last FTP response: 150 Data transfer starting ""
I don't know where the cache size should be increased.
Can you help me please?
Thanks.
All the best,
RamHerFer

As a workaround, stream cache size can be increased in panel.ini (because of errors like 'Unable to resume an interrupted upload: Seek out of scope of a stream cache')
Code:
[pmm]
streamCacheSize = 24
Also, FTP resume attempts can be increased:
Code:
[pmm]
ftpMaxResumeAttempts = 5
ftpMaxResumeFailures = 10

Thanks Igor. I have made the modifications that you indicate and now it is working correctly. I had to put the value of the streamCacheSize = 1024 parameter, with a lower value the error continued. I do not know the maximum value and how it can affect the server.
Thanks for your help.

Hello,
We have the same problem on 5 servers after plesk update.
@IgorG : can i have more explanations about "streamCacheSize" and the value to use? to know what value to define
Also, this concerns the source server or the destination server?

Pretty sure this would be set on the source servers that's trying to do the upload to the FTP and I would just set it to however high you could (like start it at the error sized and work your way up or just go balls to the walls and set it to 1024 and increase it accordingly)

Hello,
We have the same problem on 5 servers after plesk update.
@IgorG : can i have more explanations about "streamCacheSize" and the value to use? to know what value to define
Also, this concerns the source server or the destination server?
Sorry, I don't work at Plesk anymore: Farewell post

Back