• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to install a Let's Encrypt certificate for a domain in Plesk

i have the same error as op.
my problem is, that all ipv6 connections are 'not going through'. the connections time out.

it has an ipv6 address set up and apache2 (tcp6) is listening on port 80.

but when i try to ping it with several online ipv6 ping tools, it always times out/get's blocked. apache2 is the only service listening on port 80 - so there is no other application. firewall is turned off. iptables are cleared and all chains are set to 'accept'. where else could i see what the cause for refusing the connections is? - ipv4 works. i called my hoster and they told me that everyting on their side is set up correctly. so it must be me and my configuration. - could anybody help me out? - it used to work about two months (or so) ago.

i noticed that problem when letsencrypt gave me the same message as op got.

where can i check what blocks my ipv6 connections? are there any apache2 logs where i can see blocked connections?

ok so I tried to raise a service ticket with my lic PLSK.03606231.0036 but it says it is from 3rd party.. my server is from 1&1.. so I guess I cannot get Plesk support to help me?

ok so I tried to raise a service ticket with my lic PLSK.03606231.0036 but it says it is from 3rd party.. my server is from 1&1.. so I guess I cannot get Plesk support to help me?
To possibly help you a little bit further @Richard Follett we use Plesk on cloud servers provided by 1&1 (or 1&1 IONOS as it is called now) and we use IPv6 and we use Let's Encrypt certificates (multi-domain and wildcard) all... without any issues at all so far. It must just be a setup issue? Plus, we do use Plesk Support via a subscription as per the link provided by @IgorG and those people always solve any problem that we can't solve ourseves. Always!

so I went to Lets Encrypt forum and they were very helpful.. very.
we worked out the issue was with IPv6 server. I removed my AAAA records and tested on IPv4 and it worked perfect.
So I could just remove all sites AAAA records.
But I am still not happy 100% with that. So I think maybe it might be a port issue.

.... I removed my AAAA records and tested on IPv4 and it worked perfect
With who / where are your DNS records maintained? 1&1 IONOS? / Plesk? / Another Option?
So I could just remove all sites AAAA records. But I am still not happy 100% with that. So I think maybe it might be a port issue.
Removing all the AAAA records might be a workaround for now, but that's not fixing the real problem ;)

As mentioned, we too have IPv4 and IPv6 server addresses, so obviously we have both A and AAAA records (plus many other DNS records) We're also with 1&1 IONOS and using Let's Encrypt certificates (some normal, some *wildcard, some multi-domain etc). Pretty sure it's unlikely to be either a 1&1 IONOS or a Let's Encrypt directly related issue. Surely it can only be a server setup / setting glitch somewhere?

Edit: One quick check meantime, actually within Plesk;
Do you have both IPv4 AND IPv6 addresses setup correctly in here: https://**your-FQDN**:8443/admin/ip-address/list/

With who / where are your DNS records maintained? 1&1 IONOS? / Plesk? / Another Option? Removing all the AAAA records might be a workaround for now, but that's not fixing the real problem ;)

As mentioned, we too have IPv4 and IPv6 server addresses, so obviously we have both A and AAAA records (plus many other DNS records) We're also with 1&1 IONOS and using Let's Encrypt certificates (some normal, some *wildcard, some multi-domain etc). Pretty sure it's unlikely to be either a 1&1 IONOS or a Let's Encrypt directly related issue. Surely it can only be a server setup / setting glitch somewhere?

Edit: One quick check meantime, actually within Plesk;
Do you have both IPv4 AND IPv6 addresses setup correctly in here: https://**your-FQDN**:8443/admin/ip-address/list/

thank you.. so I ran plesk script to open ports needs for Plesk (thought I had already done!!), added 2 AAAA records back and now looks like IPv6 works ok via Lets Debug.
so thank you all for your help . I really apprciate it.. I wish I didnt have to deal with a server as I am not techy, just a designer.

Back