• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to login to horde webmail Windows server

arund

New Pleskian
Hi

I am facing trouble to login to Horde Webmail. It says "Login failed because your username or password was entered incorrectly" even though i am using the correct details. I have reset the email account password several times but didn't work. The horde log shows following errors:-

HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN for [email protected] [x.x.x.x] to {127.0.0.1:110 [pop3/notls]} [pid 9692 on line 139 of "D:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\imp\lib\Auth\imp.php"]

It seems that imap services are down. I tried to "telnet localhost 143" but failed. There is "localhost" entry in "hosts" file also.

Following are the server details:

Plesk: 10.4.4 Update #2
Mail server: SmarterMail Server 8.4.4359
Horde version: Horde IMP H3 (4.3.9)

Can some assist me to resolve the issue?.

Just started having this problem yesterday, it seems to have been caused by the latest Plesk update.

10.4.4 Update #21, last updated at Mar 7, 2012 12:09 AM

The IMAP service has failed.

If I go to SmarterMail >> Bindings >> Port Settings it shows IMAP bound to port 143, but when I run netstat -na, it doesn't list anything listening on port 143

I've restarted SmarterMail a number of times but makes no difference.

OS: Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite1296;product3 64 Bit
Plesk: v. 10.4.4
Mail server: SmarterMail Product Version - v8.4.4359

Last edited:
OK I have a partial fix for this problem ... somehow the license key had disappeared so we were running on the lite version of SmarterMail that doesn't support IMAP. I re-entered the licence key and IMAP is working again.

So now we just have the Horde authentication problem ....

The IMAP service doesn't show any capability to do authentication when IMAP protocol is tested.

* OK IMAP4rev1 SmarterMail
a001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1
a001 OK CAPABILITY completed

It should show something like ...

a001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS QUOTA STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
a001 OK Capability completed.

Checking the IMAP retrieval logs, I could see this error ...

10:45:06 Exception: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
at SmarterTools.SmarterMail.RelayServer.ImapRetrieval.ImapRetrievalManager.#lTb()

if you are using smartermail as mail server then you need to use smartermail webmail as webmail client. Have you tried that?

Back