• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to remove old OneDrive backups

tethis IT

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.53 Update #2
Hi there,

I'm doing some cleanup work right now and on one of my servers I do have some older backups stored on OneDrive that I would like to remove.
But when I select one of those backups and try to delete it, I get a message "Undefined" with the option to continue.
If I continue, it takes a while, then the backup is still in the list and two error messages are shown:

1. Unable to get dumps list: pmm-ras failed (Error code = 1): Repository error: Failed to read backup backup_1903292301.tar: Import error: Unable to find archive metadata. The archive is not valid Plesk backup or has been created in an unsupported Plesk version

2. Das Backup backup_1906022301.tar kann nicht aus dem Speicher entfernt werden.
(Translation: The backup xyz can't be removed from storage)

The connection to onedrive is konfigured and working, at least yesterday's backup to onedrive worked just fine.
But the backups to be removed are from 2019, created with a much older version of the onedrive backup extension, older Plesk, older onedrive authentication.

Question is: how do I get rid of those? I can remove them from onedrive without plesk, but what do I have to do to remove them from the backup list?
I checked /var/lib/psa/dumps, but couldn't find backups with that date.
Is there a list of backup stored in the database?

Thanks and kind regards,

Christian
tethis IT

2023-07-17 22_00_24-Backup-Manager - tethis IT easyWeb.png

2023-07-17 22_31_09-Backup-Manager - tethis IT easyWeb.png

Normally, when you remove backup files from their storage location, the Backup Manager won't show them either, because the Backup Manager does not keep a record of the backup archives, but reads the files each time you open it. If the Backup Manager cannot see the files, it will not display them as backup sets in the list.

Hi Peter,

thanks for the quick response.
I just tried to delete the files from onedrive, but wasn*t able to. Most likely because of a retention rule configured in Microsoft 365.
Still have to find that rule, but this explains the behaviour of Plesk. Because of that rule, Plesk is not allowed to delete the backup files.
The error message could be more specific, but that may be caused by onedrive not reporting it properly.

Anyway, let's consider this solved, thanks a lot.

Christian

2023-07-18 10_11_22-host3.tethis-it.at – OneDrive und 1 weitere Seite - Geschäftlich – Microso...png

Back