• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to resolve target system name

E

edreport

My VPS (educationreporting.com) is at ipower.com and they have not found a fix for this message in last 24 hours - "Unable to resolve target system name" - when I run a tracert.

The issue is I have to reboot my server every 2-3 minutes because everything will be fine and then I click a link on the site and get a "cannot find the server" message. If I reboot the server then enverything will be fine for a couple of minutes then I get the "cannot find the server" message again and have to reboot.

Until yesterday afternoon everything has been perfect for last month and no major changes were made yesterday, just FTPing files.

Anyone have any idea on how I can resolve this or what to examine?

Thanks for you help in advance, steu

Hi,

It this happenning to a particular domain (in this case let us know the domain name) or to all domains on this server?
In any case when this problem reappears you should check how this domain resolves using the following commands:
host -ta DOMAIN_NAME
and
dig +trace DOMAIN_NAME

Also make sure that bind is up and running on your server:
/etc/init.d/named status

and check /var/log/messages for named related errors.

Back