• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to send Plesk Notifications via External SMTP

tbob22

New Pleskian
Plesk 12.0.18 #27
CentOS 7.0.1406

I have followed the instructions here to send Plesk notifications through External SMTP (overuse, new domain creation, etc):
http://download1.parallels.net/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=72346.htm

Here is the error I see in the panel.log:
ERR [panel] Unable to send mail.

Is there another log that I'm missing with a more detailed error?

Sending through an external SMTP works fine on sites hosted on the same server (Wordpress, Joomla).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Check related error messages in main Plesk maillog - /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Hi tbob22,

sometimes it is a good idea to switch the error - level to investigate issues and problems. Plesk provides the option to define your very own Panel configurations at "/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini" ( a preconfigured ini - file should be there already named "panel.ini.sample" ). You are able to define a generell debug modus and can as well define different log - levels. Please use the debug modus and level only for investigations, because it can slowdown your Panel very much.

Back