• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable Update Mailbox since update to 11.0.9

DimitriA

New Pleskian
Hello,

since updating to Plesk 11.0.9 I can not create email accounts anymore.

It always occurs on the following error:
Unable update mailbox: mailmng failed: Empty error message from utility.

Can you help me, please?

My System: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS / Virtouzzo Container

Firstly are you able to create the same email address fails in Panel that through the SHELL? Eg Using the commands

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/mail -c [email protected] -passwd workingpassword -forwarding false -mailbox true -mbox_quota 20971520

Hi Abdi,

Firstly, thank you for helping out but I have managed to fix this myself.

I noticed that the OP is also running his panel in a Virtuozzo container. I noticed that all the applications in my container were still at PP10, in previous versions the container had updated with the Panel. This time it appears to have not done so. I decided to update the apps one at a time and test the result. The first one was PP11 core components, I updated that in the container and the email account updating problem went away. I've since updated all the other apps to PP11 and everything is back to normal.

So, for the original poster, if you have full access to your Virtuozzo container, have a look to see if the PP applications have updated, if not updated them and hopefully it will be fixed.

Thanks once again for your help Abdi, the support here is wonderful, your help is much appreciated.

Regards, Jeff.

Your most welcome Jeff. And am so glad you were able to resolve it your self. Also thanks for sharing those tips and how you resolved it.

Hello,

i'm back.

The problem still exists. Also when i want to fix it with

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail -c [email protected] -passwd workingpassword -forwarding false -mailbox true -mbox_quota 20971520

it cames

/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng: relocation error: /opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng: symbol EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init, version libmysqlclient_16 not defined in file libmysqlclient.so.16 with link time reference
An error occured during mailname creation: Unable update mailbox: mailmng failed: Empty error message from utility.

I have now reinstalled the server - same problem. By @abdi called solution has not worked unfortunately.

@Blairvoyach: it will be managed by my provider. I cant update it.

And now?

Hey there,

I had the same problem. Digged deep into the Google cave and ended up executing this command:

apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev

This command will update some things of the mysql library.
This will also apply some changed to your my.cnf
Please make sure you backup /etc/mysql/my.cnf

I have no clue if this fix applies to you but I thought I'd tell you anyway.

Rick

It seem like it works.

Plesk gives me a message that the mailbox are create. But when i go back to the email-account in plesk: Keine Mailbox. (No Mailbox).

My users wait for a succesfull reply ...

Try doing it the normal way (through PLESK) instead of the command line.

Hi,

I'm running Plesk 11.0.9 with MU up to 23 installed but I am still having the same problem. I'm trying to migrate accounts from a 9.5.4 plesk server and some of the accounts have this issue, not all of them. Running does not solve the problem.
I have reinstalled libmysqlclient and libmysqlclient-dev but it it doesn't help either.
Any other suggestions?

Thx!
Fred

Same Problem here, tried all the suggestions above, but they did not help.
Still got " Unable update mailbox: mailmng failed: Empty error message from utility."

Running: 11.0.9 Update #24
Any ideas?

Greets Ileen Johnson

Igor,

same happens here while migrating an server.
Backuped / migrate an old 9.5.4 to 11.0.9#28 without any problems.
Changed some Hardware and installes an fresh 11.0.9#29
Migrate 11.0.9#28 to 11.0.9#29

from around 300 Domain not even one email was transfered and all postboxes are not in use.
Adding new mailbox -> mailmng failed.

copying /opt/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng from 11.0.9#28 to #29 everything went fine

Debian 6.0.6
Panel-Version 11.0.9 Update #29, zuletzt aktualisiert am Dez 8, 2012 08:11 PM

Debian 6.0.6
Panel-Version 11.0.9 Update #28, zuletzt aktualisiert am Dez 4, 2012 06:53 AM

regards marcus

libmysqlclient16 package has been updated recently for Debian and caused this issue. We will fix it soon. Sorry.

Back