• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Undefined dns_zone_id

J

Jericon

I just upgraded from 7.5.4. to 8.0 on my Fedora Core 2 server and now accessing DNS under all of my domains results in the following error:

ERROR: PleskException
Up LevelUp Level
Undefined dns_zone_id

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/dns.php:19

Named is still running, and the Domains still resolve properly. But I cannot make any modifications to the Zone files. Any ideas?

I've done some more digging about this issue. It seems that all of my domains that were present before upgrading have a DNS Zone ID of 0. Where can I find what these should be so that I can repair them?

Nope, I never did figure this out. I even reprovisioned the server and went back to 7.5.4. I imported my backups then upgraded to 8.0 again and I had the same issue.

I am also having this problem. Googling only found this one thread so I'm guessing this isn't a common problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on ow to resolve this issue? Or prevent it?

Nedry

I did resolve the issue, but I would not recomend it if you are not familiar with sql.

The problem was that after the update I had no records in the table dns_zone, but the records where all ther, with a domain_id field. It seems that in plesk 8 it is the dns record for the domain that is shown not the records asosiated with the domain. My solution was to make a smal script that went throu all fields in domains, and gennerated dns zones with the same id as the domain id, then I ran an sql query that set domains.dns_zone_id = domains.id and dns_recs.dns_zone_id = dns_recs.dom_id. It seems to work for now atleast.

If you have added domains or dns records after the problem ocured, so dont try this unless you understand what it dos. :p

Originally posted by VagaStorm
I did resolve the issue, but I would not recomend it if you are not familiar with sql.

The problem was that after the update I had no records in the table dns_zone, but the records where all ther, with a domain_id field. It seems that in plesk 8 it is the dns record for the domain that is shown not the records asosiated with the domain. My solution was to make a smal script that went throu all fields in domains, and gennerated dns zones with the same id as the domain id, then I ran an sql query that set domains.dns_zone_id = domains.id and dns_recs.dns_zone_id = dns_recs.dom_id. It seems to work for now atleast.

If you have added domains or dns records after the problem ocured, so dont try this unless you understand what it dos. :p

Strange but I do not get it (even if I have some experience with Sql).

Where this field (in both tables) come from "dns_zone_id" ?
This field is not there...

I would also *really* like to know - I'm so stuck and get no response whereever I ask, SWSoft apparently doesn't even answer emails. :(

Back