• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

universal email access on server

P

patrick24601

Is there a way to access webmail on my server independent of any domain name that is on the server? I know you can link to webmail.domain.com, but I want a link form my main hosting site from anybody on my plesk server to be able to read their webmail. Is there a way to use something like main.domain.com (main being the server name) that any client can go to, log int with credentials and read their email? kind of like main.domainname.com/webmail on cpanel.

no problem. Add folder webmail to the file skeleton and insert a small script in this folder that reroutes automatically.

there are naturally still many other possibilities

Where do I want to reroute to?

I don't really want to reroute.

Here is a better explanation: I have five users on my servers mary, jane, ****, bob, janet and joe . They are all on server myserver.mydomain.com. With linux/cpanel all of the users can go to myserver.mydomain.com/webmail and signon with their credentials. They are still reading their email at myserver.mydomain.com.

you are tired in order to think ?

if you have enough experience then you find automatically the solution.

you cannot expect that with each program everything are alike.

like me sit gives it admits in the operation between unik and windows differences.

your problem can be solved tries it nevertheless

Back