• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unrequested Cron Emails

Christopher McBride

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

This thread follows on with one I started in the 9.3 board when I thought there was a problem with the Watchdog module. (http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=100766)

Basically, each night, I'm now receiving four emails from "cron" with error messages.

3 relating to watchdog not finding a php file and the other with logwatch failing to parse samba logs.

I have troubleshooted everything I can think of and can confirm neither logwatch, samba or watchdog are the problem.

Having these modules uninstalled and the samba log directory removed still produces the error emails!

I have checked all cron tasks and none of them should be producing these emails.

The thing that's making me even more supicious is that the logwatch error email's are the same each night!

Is there some way these errors have been cached in the system and are just repeating themselves each night?

I'm hoping someone can help me here to get this annoying problem resolved!

Thanks

Attachments

• error-1.txt
    350 bytes · Views: 6
  • error-2.txt
    348 bytes · Views: 4
  • error-3.txt
    346 bytes · Views: 4
  • error-4.txt
    732 bytes · Views: 2
Back