• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Update broke FTP access

bechtoldster

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.64 Update #1
Hi,
our deployment via FTP stopped working. So I checked and we can't access the FTP from two different machines any more. It was working fine two weeks ago, today it's not working. I log in to Plesk and see an automatic update has been done. Why do I have problems and need multiple hours of server fixing with every single update of Plesk? This is getting frustrating, I thought Plesk is supposed to make my life with devops easier, not harder. :-/
Sorry for the rant.

So FTP is not working any more. What I've done so far:
- Firewall "FTP server passive ports" is active
- Diagnosis and repair for FTP does not show any problems (check in web UI and CLI)
- Components -> Web hosting -> ProFTPD is installed
- Can't find anything in the logs

Where else could I check for Issues?
Any help where to look would be highly appreciated.
Thank you!

Ok, the /etc/proftpd.d/55-passive-ports.conf is there, like in the article. So it should work.
By exporting the firewall rules, I was also able to confirm, that this is set up properly. I'm just wondering, why you can't just read the rules.

Ok, so I found out, that IONOS moved our server to another data centre and changed the firewall rules. Activating 49152 65535 there, and it's working again.

I'm sorry for my rant earlier, this time it was not the Plesk update breaking things. How do I set this to resolved?

I updated the thread on your behalf. Thank you for sharing your resolution for the sake of other Plesk users hosted on IONOS who might come across a similar issue.

Back