• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Update the version 10.3.39 MariaDB to 10.11

elandrian

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v 18.0.59 #1
Hello everyone How to update the version
10.3.39 MariaDB to 10.11 via Panel.ini Editor ? I saw an article here somewhere. I can't find it.

The panel.ini editor edits the panel.ini file. It is not for updating the database server. You have four options to update the database server:
a) Follow the guide in https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-5-to-5-6-5-7-or-MariaDB-5-5-to-10-x-on-Linux
b) Try the update using the new MariaDB Upgrade feature as described in Question - Try our new tool to upgrade your old MariaDB server from Plesk UI (but careful, in the current version this is still in beta stage).
c) Wait until the MariaDB Upgrade feature reaches production state (probably at the beginning of April when the Update to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.60 is published)
d) Ask Plesk Professional Services to do the upgrade for you Professional Services

You should update to 10.11. As you are on 10.3 a direct jump to 10.11 will work.
No, this could cause damage. The correct upgrade process would be as follows:

MariaDB 10.3 -> 10.4 - Upgrading from MariaDB 10.3 to MariaDB 10.4
MariaDB 10.4 -> 10.5 - Upgrading from MariaDB 10.4 to MariaDB 10.5
MariaDB 10.5 -> 10.6 - Upgrading from MariaDB 10.5 to MariaDB 10.6
MariaDB 10.6 -> 10.11 - Upgrading from MariaDB 10.6 to MariaDB 10.11

All upgrade information should be read carefully before upgrading. Especially the switch from 10.5 to 10.6:
1709225018009.png
This change can cause problems for many .NET applications.

@enerspace Where did you read that an update from 10.3 to 10.11 is problematic? So far I've only seen that an update from 5.x to a version younger 10.3 could be a problem, so in that case first go from 5.5 to 10.3, but I have not yet seen issues with 10.5 and up when you start from 10.5. Please post your source where someone reported an issue with that.

I mentioned that it could lead to damage, but not necessarily. In any case, the notes should be read beforehand. Before an upgrade is carried out. We have upgraded many servers to MariaDB 10.11 in the last few weeks and have experienced quite a few errors. Therefore, based on experience, I recommend upgrading MariaDB in individual steps. Especially on servers with hundreds of databases or many user accounts.

Most errors did not occur through mariadb_upgrade but during the installation of the packages. Very often there were errors at the file level.

Pavel Razumov describes the same procedure: https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/e...-MariaDB-with-Governor-over-multiple-versions

Although direct upgrade is supported, experience shows otherwise.

I also had a small error in my Upgrade steps:
  1. MariaDB 10.3 -> 10.5
  2. MariaDB 10.5 -> 10.6
  3. MariaDB 10.6 -> 10.11

Back