• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update to Plesk 9.0 fails

Exactly, it deletes the PSA_9.0.0 directory, and redownloads it. So it removes the modified plesk_getkeyinfo.sh. I'm certain if I was able to keep it, the upgrade would succeed.

-Kevin

This is a more detailed version of the error message I'm getting:

Exchanging information with licensing server.base
Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.
/root/parallels/PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: line 9: 32563 Segmentation fault $file -uadmin psa < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1

Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license
will result in the installation of a default license with limited
functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate
license before continuing with the product upgrade.

Try downloading and running the autoinstaller instead of using the plesk CP.

Thanks, but could somebody please tell us how to do this with the command list :( we have 3.4.0 of autoinstaller, we want to upgrade from 8.6.0 to 9.0 but also get the error:

error: Failed dependencies:
psa-hotfix4-8.6.0 = 8.6.0 is needed by (installed) psa-hotfix5-8.6.0-8.6.0-fc6.build86080930.03.x86_64
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.

All help is much appreciated on how to resolve this and also how in plain instructions to use the autoinstaller and yum update.

Thanks in advance, a faster learner (once I know how lol)
Terry

Thanks, but could somebody please tell us how to do this with the command list :( we have 3.4.0 of autoinstaller, we want to upgrade from 8.6.0 to 9.0 but also get the error:

error: Failed dependencies:
psa-hotfix4-8.6.0 = 8.6.0 is needed by (installed) psa-hotfix5-8.6.0-8.6.0-fc6.build86080930.03.x86_64
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.

All help is much appreciated on how to resolve this and also how in plain instructions to use the autoinstaller and yum update.

Thanks in advance, a faster learner (once I know how lol)
Terry

1. cd /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/
2. ./autoinstaller
3. Hit the enter button until you get to the "Select the desired products and their versions" screen
4. Look for Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0 and press the corresponding number next to it on your keyboard and hit enter twice.

Mine looks like:

1. [*] Plesk Control Panel
2. ( ) Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0
3. (*) Plesk 8.6.0 (currently installed)

4. [ ] Sitebuilder

5. [ ] SSO

Therefore I would type '2' and then hit enter twice.
5. Type Y.
6. Select the appropriate products you want additionally installed or just hit enter.

It should now install or display an error message.

1. cd /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/
2. ./autoinstaller
3. Hit the enter button until you get to the "Select the desired products and their versions" screen
4. Look for Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0 and press the corresponding number next to it on your keyboard and hit enter twice.

Mine looks like:

Therefore I would type '2' and then hit enter twice.
5. Type Y.
6. Select the appropriate products you want additionally installed or just hit enter.

It should now install or display an error message.

Thanks but what about the dependency error, how do we get around this please, sorry we are new to linux and are learning fast and keeping FAQ :( but until we know how we cant add.

Well you could try the following command and then try upgrading to Plesk 9.0.

yum remove psa-hotfix4-8.6.0

That is if you're desperate to upgrade to 9.0. Also before performing that command you should backup your server.

Well you could try the following command and then try upgrading to Plesk 9.0.

That is if you're desperate to upgrade to 9.0. Also before performing that command you should backup your server.

Maybe looks like I may never upgrade lol, as seems could break what I have :(

Eg. How can I safely backup my dedicated root server fully and how would I restore if anything went wrong. Sorry to ask so many questions

Again thanks
Terry

You could take an image of the entire hard drive however if you only have a few domains it would be much easier to back then up one by one using the Plesk Backup Utility.

If anything goes wrong you can just re-install Plesk and restore the backups you made.

I think I will backup entire server, and if I do how easy is it to restore if anything goes wrong? eg. file permissions etc. and where is best partition to backup to where it wont cause problems

Thanks
Terry

plesk_getkeyinfo.sh SEGMENTATION FAULT on CentOS 5.2

plesk_getkeyinfo.sh is still segment faulting. Frustrating :)

Installing from local mirror whit fix key

Hi,

This works for me:

I created a mirror of CentOS 4.2 (my OS) on one of my servers, then copied the fix key in the dir PSA_9.0.0 in the path mirror, then run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --source-type local --source PATH PATH is my mirror path and error is fixed.

Setting Up Mirrors:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk9.0/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.0-unix-installation-guide/18521.htm

Who to Fix key:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showpost.php?p=220005&postcount=20

Sorry, my english is bad bad
MPGR

This error still exists for me. Running CentOS 5 and Plesk 8.6. Trying to upgrade by the CP. I notice they tried to fix it but the issues still seems to exist. Is this going to be fixed?

No word on a fix for it from swsoft.

However it is easly fixable following the above steps. I was able to fix mine right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by 105547111 View Post
Despite updating my key the installer just keeps bombing out I get this in the email:

Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
ERROR: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.

Hello all,

Thank you very much for reporting. Unfortunately file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh was missed on autoinstaller server, we really apologize for this.

This problem has been corrected already, please try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been trying all day, no change that i can see.. just same error... if the problem has been corrected... i am not seeing it.....

I lodged a ticket with Parallels and after a few days they managed to sucessfully upgrade Plesk to v9.0. I'll try to find out how they did it so I can post here.

Good luck to everyone who's trying to upgrade! :)

I am not sure if they corrected the get_keyinfo.sh on the autoupdater but if you setup local mirror of 9.0 as per mapogora's post install, then copy the modified get_keyinfo.sh as zanoryt posted and then run the autoupdater from shell it should update without the segfault error. It worked for me following these steps.

Hello,

This problem still exists. I understand there have been work arounds posted above but Parallel should really fix the problem so administrators can upgrade their server as intended. So Parallel just to bring this to your attention again, the problem still exists. Similarly as posted previously these are the error messages.

Using the control panel upgrade process I get 2x emails with the second being a failure with the following message:

Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=**<removed from quote>** to version=9.0.0
Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.

Using SSH installer, I get the following error:

Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license
will result in the installation of a default license with limited
functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate
license before continuing with the product upgrade.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:
[N]: n
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Thanks,

Parallels didn't tell me how to fix the problem although to fix it you should probably lodge a ticket with them.

Back