• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updates and Upgrades not loading

QWeb Ric

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying move a website over to one of our servers but it requires MySQL 5.5 and it looks like we're still runngin 5.1.

As far as I can tell, we just need to switch the MySQL version in Tools & Settings -> Updates and Upgrades over, but this page is refusing to load for me. Chrome gives a ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE response and Opera says "Connection closed by remote server".

We're running Plesk 11.5.30 Update #51 on CentOS 6.7. The dashboard shows "The system is up-to-date; last checked at April 17, 2016 04:42 AM" which suggests to me that updates stopped working 4 days ago. Additionally, the "Add or Remove Components" link under this message results in the same error as above.

The dashboard also shows that 12.5.30 is available and gives an install link, but I'm cautious that while the other links are broken, attempting an install could break things further.

Could somebody advise on how to resolve this please?

Or, is upgrading to Plesk 12 the answer? What would I need to back up beforehand? Is an update likely to affect any of the websites we host? I.e. will it automatically jump PHP/MySQL etc version numbers or will only the panel itself be updated?

I realise this is the wrong place for this last question, but it would be a bonus to me if you could also advise on any potential issues we could have with jumping from MySQL 5.1 to 5.5, and if there's a way to do this per-site instead of globally?

Much appreciated.

Turned out port 8447 needed opening on the server - all is good now. Credit to Plesk's support line for resolving this one.

Back