1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Updates no longer accessible since updating to Plesk 10.1.1

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by DominicL, Mar 4, 2011.

1. DominicL

DominicL Guest

I recently updated from Plesk 9 to Plesk 10.1.1

Since then, my web host tells me I need to change our mail server to use Postfix. However, if I click the UPDATES link in the Tools and Utilities section of my Plesk Panel, nothing happens.

It tries to load the following page:

https://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8443/admin/update/product/

However, it times out. What am I doing wrong? My web host (1 & 1) directed me here, so I am asking if anybody can point me in the right direction.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Try to do it with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller CLI utility.

3. DominicL

DominicL Guest

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I did what you said and it ran and installer CLI which allowed me to install Postfix. I was hoping it would have sorted out the GUI update program as well, but that still won't work.

Is there any way I can reinstall this?

I don't mean Postfix, thats a red herring, but Plesk 10 itself. For some reason the GUI update module seems to be missing.

4. LloydD

LloydD Basic Pleskian

60%
    Make sure you have port 8447 open, as update uses that port.