• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Updates on Ubuntu 18.4: stuck

I'd suggest you run update process in CLI and monitor autoinstaller log for troubleshooting this issue.

Well, I would hardly call "Stop using it and do it another way" a solution. I have the same issue (as explained in Resolved - Update and Upgrade hangsup) on my own server and it is quite irritating. If the web-interface of the installer does not work, why does it exist? So I think plesk should either fix it, or remove it.

I have done a bit of an analysis of the problem on my server. When I start the web-interface of the installer myself (by running "plesk installer --web-interface" on command line), it actually works fine. Only when started through the Plesk interface, the problem occurs.

When started through the plesk interface, the command line is (according to "ps aux"):
Code:
/opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /opt/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser

When I run this commad line, it just answers: "The options web-interface and service-mode cannot be used together." Then, I ran it from the Plesk interface again and checked its environment under /proc/$PID/environ. This was the environment:
Code:
LOCKMANAGER_CLIENT_TOKEN=.... Some UUID .....
USER=psaadm
HOME=/opt/psa/admin
PHP_IDE_CONFIG=
WEB_SECRET=.... some random string....
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
AUTOINSTALLER_VERSION=3.22.14
PWD=/opt/psa/admin/htdocs
PLESK_INTERNAL_PHP_EXEC=1

After recreating the environment using "export", the above command line runs. But the problem is still not reproduced, everything works flawlessly.

So something really strange is going on that happens only if the autoinstaller is started from the Plesk interface.

Last edited:
Back