1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating from 7.5/FC2/Mysql 5 - HELP!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by RKSL, Apr 7, 2006.

1. RKSL

RKSL Guest

Hi all, i really need som help here.

I have a server that was until 8 hours ago running Fedora Core 2 - Plesk 7.5.4 but with MySQL 5. Rather stupidly i set the update running and didnt think about MySQL compatibility issues.

So now i have a box stuck half way between 7.5 and 8. I can log into admin but just get:

And when i try to use the server option:

I can see all my domains and clients in the control panel but when you goto a domain URL all you see is the Apache test page. Anyone know how i can back out and atleast restore a PSADUMP generated backup?

Or even better get the server upto 8.0?

Cheers

RKSL

2. CyberTech

CyberTech Guest

Mysql5 is not yet supported.

3. Ronny

Ronny Guest

I use mysql 4.1 and experienced the same thing

4. AlleyKat

AlleyKat Guest

I'm likewise stuck between updates - I'm pretty sure all the right software is on the box, but the plesk version number is still 7.5.4 (in the version file), and the database is not updated.

Last time I updated (...well I tried anyway) it went really bad, and I'm very thankful to Scott, AtomicRocketTurtle for helping me out of the bad mess I was in with nothing working.

I'm quite nervous about messing up again, so I'm trying to rebuild the database for Plesk manually, but questions arise;

- should I go with the 67 actions in the 'actions' table from the plesk 8 demo version I installed, or the 57 in my current DB?

- what is the `default_user_id` in `data_bases` tied to?

- (when I'm done updating the file at some point) do I stop Plesk before doing the restore in mysql, or just throw it in and hope Plesk isn't doing anything at that moment?

Any hint appreciated,

Best regards
    AlleyKat