• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating from 7.5/FC2/Mysql 5 - HELP!

R

RKSL

Hi all, i really need som help here.

I have a server that was until 8 hours ago running Fedora Core 2 - Plesk 7.5.4 but with MySQL 5. Rather stupidly i set the update running and didnt think about MySQL compatibility issues.

So now i have a box stuck half way between 7.5 and 8. I can log into admin but just get:

MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.NewsArticles' doesn't exist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:229
db_query(string 'select id, class, data from NewsArticles where id > 0 order by id')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/news/NewsManager.php:57
NewsManager->getArticles(integer '0')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/news/NewsManager.php:35
NewsManager->getNewArticles()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Form.php:330
Form->assign()
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/dashboard/DashboardForm.php:100
DashboardForm->assign(array, object of type UserAdmin)
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/dashboard/DashboardLocation.php:56
DashboardLocation->access(string 'GET')
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/UIPointer.php:423
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
7: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/plesk.php:14

And when i try to use the server option:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.DashboardPreset' doesn't exist

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.DashboardPreset' doesn't exist

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:229
db_query(string 'replace DashboardPreset set `id`='0', `name`='1', `type`='custom', `uri`='/plesk/dashboard/'')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Table.php:324
Table->update(array)
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.cObject.php:330
cObject->update()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/dashboard/DashboardPreset.php:185
DashboardPreset->update()
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/user/User.php:335
User->addDashboardRecent(object of type UIPointer)
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Form.php:477
Form->FastPrint()
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/server.php3:187

I can see all my domains and clients in the control panel but when you goto a domain URL all you see is the Apache test page. Anyone know how i can back out and atleast restore a PSADUMP generated backup?

Or even better get the server upto 8.0?

Cheers

RKSL

I'm likewise stuck between updates - I'm pretty sure all the right software is on the box, but the plesk version number is still 7.5.4 (in the version file), and the database is not updated.

Last time I updated (...well I tried anyway) it went really bad, and I'm very thankful to Scott, AtomicRocketTurtle for helping me out of the bad mess I was in with nothing working.

I'm quite nervous about messing up again, so I'm trying to rebuild the database for Plesk manually, but questions arise;

- should I go with the 67 actions in the 'actions' table from the plesk 8 demo version I installed, or the 57 in my current DB?

- what is the `default_user_id` in `data_bases` tied to?

- (when I'm done updating the file at some point) do I stop Plesk before doing the restore in mysql, or just throw it in and hope Plesk isn't doing anything at that moment?

Any hint appreciated,

Best regards
AlleyKat

Back