• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade 10.1 to 10.4 FTP won't allow uploads

littlefrog

Regular Pleskian
Today i decided to update my server from 10.1 to 10.4

I read all the upgrade issues and made sure on my end there were no problems such as the changes with sub domain dns issues and so forth.

I carfully reviewed the log file several times and the issue i am having is ftp will not allow files to upload.

Upon watching "top" command i can see the FTP account connects to server, authenticates, and issues "stor" command and then hangs.

Before posting i decided to reboot the server just to make sure it wasn't a hung service issue or something.

I checked the FTP log file "xferlog_regular" and its empty and not showing any activity.
I assume that a log entry is only created once the file has been successfully uploaded so this is not abnormal to me.

Anyone have any ideas?

SERVER INFO:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)

Last edited:
Found the answer

I had forgotten that i had this problem when i upgraded to 10.1

Passive port range needs to be specified and then that range needs to be reflected in plesk firewall.

I have added the following line to /etc/proftpd.conf

PassivePorts 60000 65535

PS the update wipes any customization to the proftpd.conf file.
Restarting services to see if it has any effect.

In closing...

If thats the only problem i have as a result of the update...

It really is the smoothest update of Plesk so far... off to see what else I can fine.

My luck and the API will be fixed this time.

Back