• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade 11.09 #1 to #2 now get apache user error?

K

KTeller

Error:

New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates: Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainVhost.php, error = [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES). The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating broken configuration or click here to retry generating of all configurations.

Now i got no email (it said it sent one but i didnt get it)

when i click both links, i get the go ahead that it worked, but error doesnt leave home page:

In the App section i have this:

Error
Internal error: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Message [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
File aps_php.php
Line 7536
Type Exception

i went thru that page and still have the error:

if there's a way to revert to the older parallels that you upgraded from?

Downgrade is impossible for Plesk. There are several KB articles aboou problem with Apache configuration. Did you try to find and apply them?

yes, i did based on the info i found.

can you tell me what configurations changed from 11.09 #1 to 2? everything was fine, till upgrade to 11.9 #2.

[unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
File aps_php.php
Line 7536
Type Exception

error in the apps panel..

Is there any info on this?

yes sir i did,

aps_password | t**********P | is a long string looks to be encrypted.. tried with that long string.. nothing updated

the encrypted pass word, can it be changed to plain text in phpmyadmin.. using MD5 maybe that would work?

Same problem here.

Password mismatch after upgrade in the night.

Due to password is encrypted in the psa.misc tsble i am not able to set that as new password.

seems to be a massive problem.

The much bigger problem is that after the bootrapper repair the apache config istn working anymore after nginx was running.

And without the Panel there will nothing be changed.

Last edited:
Found a temporary solution for the APS Problem.

mysql -u root -p
Enter your password:
mysql> UPDATE `psa`.`misc` SET `val` = 'password' WHERE `misc`.`param` = 'aps_password';
mysql> update mysql.user set password=PASSWORD('password') where User='apsc';

After that the password in unencrypted in the database but Plesk can read it so i think that new Encryption feature is not working.

Panel and recreation of configuration files are working again after this.

KTeller, Evilmachine, proper workaround is following:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/register_apsc_database.php --register -host localhost -port 3306 -database apsc -login apsc -password "`< /dev/urandom tr -dc 'A-Za-z0-9_' | head -c 12 `"
Of course, you should replace arguments other than -password with their current values in misc, if they differ:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa -e 'select * from misc where param like "aps%"'

AFAIK, replacing password with plain text directly in DB will also work, but this solution is preferable.

KTeller, Evilmachine, proper workaround is following:

Of course, you should replace arguments other than -password with their current values in misc, if they differ:

AFAIK, replacing password with plain text directly in DB will also work, but this solution is preferable.

I still have:

ERROR: Exception: ODBC error #HY000: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Exception
ODBC error #HY000: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (aps_php.php:12519)

even after this workaround. How to solve this please?

Back