• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 11 to 12 fails

gijsbert

Basic Pleskian
I've been upgrading several plesk control panels from version 11 to 12 without any problems. But right now, I do face a problem.

The installation log:

===
START Bootstrapper 12.0.18 prep-install for BASE AT Thu Dec 3 21:05:39 CET 2015
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: ALTER TABLE `domains` ADD `description` VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 12.0.18 prep-install for BASE AT Thu Dec 3 21:06:12 CET 2015: PROBLEMS FOUND
START Bootstrapper 12.0.18 prep-install for BASE AT Thu Dec 3 21:10:44 CET 2015
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to Admin client record not found
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 12.0.18 prep-install for BASE AT Thu Dec 3 21:11:48 CET 2015: PROBLEMS FOUND
===

Although the installation broke the panel, I could still login to the database and the description has been added to the domains table. I cannot find any information about the "Admin client record not found". Which table should I check?

I've attached the full installation log. Especially line 89 seems to be a problem: ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 1: Lost connection to MySQL server during query.

I have tried to upgrade the panel twice, but the same error occurs. I had to dump and restore the psa database to get the panel function again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• plesk_12.0.18_installation.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 1
Usually error like "ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 1: Lost connection to MySQL server during query." is caused by database corruption. To locate a corrupted table try to check database table next to reported in alphabetical order with mysqlcheck. As soon as corrupted table was located try to fix it with mysql REPAIR TABLE.

Back