• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade from 8.6 to 9.2.1

dim_s@

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

After upgrade my Plesk Panel from 8.6.5 to 9.2.1

I have the following error

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> Login failed for user 'admin'.

0: common_func.php3:600
db_mssql_connection()
1: common_func.php3:629
reconnect()
2: common_func.php3:590
db_connect()
3: auth.php3:87

Can't find a right solutin. How to fix this problem.
Thanks

In the event logs I see this error

Log Name: Plesk
Source: dbupgrade.exe
Date: 11.05.2009 22:31:14
Event ID: 1
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: windows3
Description:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
at (VADOConnection::eek:pen line 62)
at Unable to ADO conect with connection string: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=psa;Data Source=localhost(VADODatabaseProvider::connect line 181)
at Updating domains scheme(UpdateDatabaseOver_9_0_0 line 1719)Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\dbupgrade.exe
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="dbupgrade.exe" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-05-11T19:31:14.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>12242</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Plesk</Channel>
<Computer>windows3</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
at (VADOConnection::eek:pen line 62)
at Unable to ADO conect with connection string: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=psa;Data Source=localhost(VADODatabaseProvider::connect line 181)
at Updating domains scheme(UpdateDatabaseOver_9_0_0 line 1719)</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\dbupgrade.exe</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I cant upgrade DB , or change DB plesk provider

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>dbupgrade.exe --upgrade --from-version=8.6.5 --to-version=9.2.1
Login failed for user 'admin'.

What is the user 'admin' ? Is the plesk admin or some additional user?

fatal error during instalation (error code 1603) - if I run new installation

after few hours and mebytres of traffic i fix this problem, but some errors still present :)

Unable to create Skin object: Skin: unable to select: no such row in the table
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: common_func.php3:108
psaerror(string 'Unable to create Skin object: Skin: unable to select: no such row in the table')
1: auth.php3:461

I hope that I can solve this problem

new errors :)

Now the Plesk works, but is invisible my users and sites which were in the early version. DataBase updating does not help what to do?

Same problem

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

0: common_func.php3:600
db_mssql_connection()
1: common_func.php3:629
reconnect()
2: common_func.php3:590
db_connect()
3: auth.php3:87

I had this same issue - the database did not upgrade during the move from 8.6 to 9.2

Ended up escalating a ticket to parallels and they manually upgraded the database. Not a pleasant experience.
Glad at least someone was able to resolve this (mostly) by themselves...seems there are lots of issues with upgrading to 9.2.

Back