• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Upgrade Let's Encrypt failing, Plesk 17.5.3

hansitheking

Basic Pleskian
I started the Upgrade from 2.0.1-24 to 2.0.2-29 in the Plesk Panel Extension Manager on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS‬ with Plesk 17.5.3 MU #2 but the Update is failing with this Message:

Code:
[2017-04-07 12:57:19.355406] Error: Fehler bei der Installation oder dem Upgrade der Erweiterung "Let's Encrypt" (Paket: letsencrypt):
[2017-04-07 12:57:19] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'psaadm' 'cp' '-r' '/opt/psa/tmp/moduleXvVf3A/var/.' '/opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/'] with exit code [1]
filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/cp command.

What may I do to solve it?

Last edited:
Hi hansitheking,

pls try as well the commands:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

and

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Pls. consider as well to include the steps to go, so people willing to help are able to reproduce an error/issue/problem. ;)

Thanks: @UFHH01 @AYamshanov for your fast replys. I did all of your advices but the problem ist still there. Please note that my Plesk Installation was migrated from another Plesk 17.5.3 Server with Ubuntu 14 yesterday.

Hi hansitheking,

pls. consider as well to re-install the Plesk Let's Encrypt - Extension using the commands:

Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component letsencrypt
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component letsencrypt

In case of removing and installing the plugin again will all the current certs be deleted or will it just remove and reinstall the plugin files?

Hi hansitheking,

you would certainly make a backup first, ( as always, when you re-install a package with stored user data! ) with the following commands:

Suggested commands:
Code:
mkdir -p /root/backups/letsencrypt
cp -avr /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc /root/backups/letsencrypt
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component letsencrypt
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component letsencrypt
mkdir -p /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc
cp -avr /root/backups/letsencrypt /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

All went fine? Pls. remove the backup - directory and it's content with:
Code:
rm -rf /root/backups/letsencrypt

@UFHH01 Thank you very much vor your answer #7. Today I did all the steps you mentioned (expect the remove of the Backups) and it worked without any problems. Thank you very much for your help!

Back