• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 11.5.30 switched default mailserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardMckenna

New Pleskian
Hi,

Last night we upgraded Plesk from 11.0.9 to 11.5.30. Despite messing up most of the ColdFusion DSNs and disabling a couple of sites it went OK. Apart from it switched the mail server to use MailEnable from the previous setting to use SmarterMail.

So it has completely messed up all the email on the server. Is there an easy way to switch back to SmarterMail without causing further issues or loosing accounts/email.

When I go to select the default Mail Server component to turn SmarterMail back on I get this warning

Changing mail server is intended only for initial setup and, if the server is already in use, causes the following problems: loss of settings and mailboxes content, and, in cases when the server you switch to is already configured, various conflicts.
If this server is in use now and you are certain about switching to another, you can notify your customers about the operation so that they could download and save their mail.

So I'm reluctant to do this in case it causes more problems.

Any help would be great.

Richard McKenna

You can try to use following solution for switching mailserver without mail loosing:

1. Backup Plesk server with content.
2. Switch mailserver.
3. Restore backup.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your response, my server tech support ended up passing it onto Parallels tech support due to other issues caused by the update. They fixed everything for me last night.

Kind regards,

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back