• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrate 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 - Control Panel login blank page

sometimes you must press twice the logon button, is an old blemish or then it is real an error.

login runs over apache, there some causes can be. what goes still?

there is nothing either than a blank page. NO login button nothing...

Anyway, in case anyone has the same problem, this is what was done to fix it.

"Maybe some problems during service pack installation. I just uninstalled sp2 and then installed sp1 and after that sp2 and it now works"

how did u unistall SP2 ?????
I installed it. got error at the end of the installation
and now statstics is running everyday for 5 hours !!!
with high CPU load..
(I used to have the problem at 7.0.0 and then it was fixed)

we had problem with blank page before and was forced to re-install everything :(

Originally posted by moyalo
I installed it. got error at the end of the installation
and now statstics is running everyday for 5 hours !!!
with high CPU load..
(I used to have the problem at 7.0.0 and then it was fixed)

use add and remove software function in microsoft control panel

Originally posted by AbsolutelyFreeW
we had problem with blank page before and was forced to re-install everything :(

did you have try to uninstall 7.0.3 patch first or did not border at all ?

because now site preview does not work anymore

Just do not understand what the hell plesk is doing...everytime there is an upgrade it is a nigtmare!

getting very upset with them.

I'm having the same problem on my test server. I know better from past experience than to install this thing on my production server.

I'm suspecting my version of php. I have upgraded php on all of my servers to the latest bugfixed version (4.3.10) and after the upgrade I ended up with the blank page where login.php3 used to be.

I do have a support contract with Plesk so I plan on putting in a trouble ticket with them to get this resolved before I put SP2 on my production servers.

this happened to us without 7.0.3...

we bug reported the mssql creation problem to ev1servers support. They applied the 7.0.1 patch on our 7.0.2 server :(. The next time we restarted plesk we didnt have a login :(

teached us a lesson..

Weel DO NOT use 7.0.3 has a lots of bugs...

1-Get Blank page on Plesk Login
2-Site preview within plesk does not work
3-mailenable " Message Delivery Delay"...

This is a reply from Plesk for issue #2

We know this issue. It problem only on 7.0.3 version. Our developers works on it. Please wait.

thank you webctrl, what do they say about the other problems?

Well,

They fixed #1 by uninstalling and reinstalling 7.0.3
howerver, it seemed that it caused other problems.

If I looked at the application event viewer, plesk apps have a lots of errors.

PLesk Backup does not work anymore... gettting cdo.message errors....
PLesk Sheduler have a lots of registery key errors and missing hot fixes files....

I could go on and on but, do you think plesk will do anything? NO!

Just can NOT beleive PLesk would be releasing something with full of bugs....

I am trying to get them to fix the server... 7.0.2 was working pretty weil....before 7.0.3

Hello all

i made last night the update and it is everything working exept that i also have a blank page at the login.

no i did a little quick dirty fix till the plesk techs will fix it:

1. copied the htdocs folder back from the plesk own backup folder $plesk_703_sp$
2. copied the plibs folder back also from the plesk own backup.
3. copied the bin folder also back ( all service have to be stopped for that )

Now the Control Panel gots back to life.

I will now test it i really everything work how it should. if not i will report this here.

best regards chris from switzerland

thats it. we will NOT update to 7.0.3 until we get a reliable patch.

sonics, thanks so much, I wish we had tried your solution when we had that problem. But one OS install is one too many for us. We wait.

After the copy tasks i explained here, now our plesk backup is not working anymore and i will see but i guess the statistics are also not working.

it's really anoing each time plesk gets an update there a some new bugs or stuff which was working isn't working anymore.

i waited few weeks to install this patch a thought till then the patch is working well.....but.....ya you know it allready.

best regards chris

Hi Sonics!

Ihave had the same problems since - Back up and stats not running.

So, What I ended up doing is enable/ disable the shecduled tasks (Backup and stats) in plesk.

Then for backup I had to delelete the "backup_schedule.psc" file and recreate the entire backup file using the plesk backup on the server. This worked for me last night.

As far as the stats it seems to run but not getting email notifications. look at the stats file for a particular domain and if you should see the current date this means it runs but not notification.

fun isn't it?

Originally posted by Mertz
I'm having the same problem on my test server. I know better from past experience than to install this thing on my production server.

I'm suspecting my version of php. I have upgraded php on all of my servers to the latest bugfixed version (4.3.10) and after the upgrade I ended up with the blank page where login.php3 used to be.

I do have a support contract with Plesk so I plan on putting in a trouble ticket with them to get this resolved before I put SP2 on my production servers.
Plesk created hotfix to update PHP up to 4.3.10. Download it using the following URL:
http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7/Windows/hotfix_04122816.msi
It can be applied on 7.0.3 and 6.5.2

Unfortunatelly, we cannot reproduce issue with blank page. Could you help us to reproduce it? I'd very appreciate any help with it. We won't create configuration file for autoupdater because of this problem. First of all, of course, we want to solve problem.

Thank you.

Since we have a support contract with SW-Soft I have opened a ticket and will be sending an email with much more detailed information on how to reproduce the problem.

For the sake of the other readers in this forum, in the three times I have formatted and reloaded my test server, I have been able to reproduce the "blank page" bug all three times.

Also, I manually upgraded to php 4.3.10 using instructions directly from SW-Soft support. We could not wait a month after the 4.3.10 release and risk a customer site being compromised.

The bottom line is that the Plesk 7.0.3 patch was far too buggy to be released and for those of us that aren't fortunate as I am to have a test server available, it damaged their Plesk installations and possibly harmed their business.

Originally posted by WebCTRL
If I looked at the application event viewer, plesk apps have a lots of errors.

PLesk Backup does not work anymore... gettting cdo.message errors....
PLesk Sheduler have a lots of registery key errors and missing hot fixes files....

I am trying to get them to fix the server... 7.0.2 was working pretty weil....before 7.0.3
Did you created ticket for Plesk support? If yes, please send me its number.
If no, please post here error messages from event log or send them to me by e-mail kolechkin at gmail.com. I think you could export application log and system log, create zip archive and send it to me.

Thank you.

Back