• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Urgent: Cannot restore from backup

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm having problems to restore a user and his sites.

I have the compressed backup file, and I'm running this command to restore:

/usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/sbrestore user --name=@[email protected] --recursive --compress --log=/root/restore.txt --input=/backups/backups-sitebuilder/current/@[email protected] --with-sites --with-site-content

The restore.txt file shows these lines:

Processing "user"...
...@[email protected]
......user custom settings
......user hosts
......user site families
......user plans
......user sites
......user modules settings
...@[email protected]_Guest
[email protected]
......user sites
.........usersite.com.br
Done

But after the restore finishes, only the user accounts were restore, there is no site.

The backup file has 1.5 MB, and was generated with this command:

/usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/sbbackup user --name=@[email protected] --compress --recursive --with-sites --with-site-content --with-custom-settings > @[email protected]

I have already restore several other users and sites from files generated with this command line.

What can be wrong?

Thank you.
Alexandre

Alexandre, hard to say what could be the reason for this. First of all you need to make sure that site is backed up during backup process. If site is still in Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder and available try to dump only user, user with site and only site and check the results. Probably site was not just backed up?

Back