• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using 7.5 Backups Incase Upgrade Fails??? Advice????

D

devindull

Is it possible to restore a domain and/or accounts based upon Plesk 7.5.4 backups to the latest Plesk? In case the upgrade fails miserably, I'm thinking about creating local backups of every website. That way, if it does, I can do a fresh install of Plesk 8.0.1 and then try and restore those domains. What do you all think? And, does anyone have any better ideas??? Thanks so much.

Use a PleskX.pl backup/migration agent from Plesk 8.1 or 8.0 - it is capable to backup 7.5.4 installations in such a way to restore them on 8.1 and 8.0 accordingly.

Ok, so this plesk.pl can backup the entire 7.5.4 data, websites and all, and reload it into the latest Plesk version if the upgrade fails and I end up having to uninstall and do a fresh install of Plesk 8.1? I want to make sure I'm following this right before I move into this course of action!!! Thank you so very much.

It depends on what you want to do in case of failed upgrade: rollback to 7.5.4 or install 8.1

In first case it's better to backup your 7.5.4 installation using 7.5.4's backup utilities. If upgrade fails - wipe out the system, install 7.5.4 and restore backup.

Well the overall goal is to get Plesk 8.1 running now that I have a key for that, while not losing or requiring all 70+ users and websites to be recreated and re-uploaded. So somehow I need to get from 7.5.4 to 8.1, and if the autoinstaller upgrade fails, my main concern is what to do to get from 8.1 and keep the data intact. If you could advise me of a direct course of action, I'd be indebted.

1. Extract psa/PMM/agents/{PleskX,shared} from psa-migration-manager-8.1 rpm or deb and place it on the source server in one directory
2. Run ./PleskX.pl -da --server -nz -o <backup.file>

Now you have a <backup.file> which may be restored by pleskrestore utility. You may test it if you have a spare server.

Back