• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Various Questions

Somebody1

New Pleskian
Warning, lots of questions ahead!

I'm using CloudLinux 6.5 with Plesk Panel 12. I searched briefly to answer these questions myself, but dind't find any satisfactory answers.
  1. Plesk uses fcgi for PHP-processing by default. How safe is this against the shell-shock bug?
    For those not knowing: The shell-shock is the misuse of environment variables. When including them in web-request, you can get a CGI-processor to execute your code. Very dangerous.
  2. Where do I disable the sending of ETags in the HTTP Host headers?
  3. How do I filter other headers? The Plesk version of NGINX does not seem to be compiled with the more_headers module...
  4. My mail is hosted on a different server, so I disabled Plesk's mail functionality. I configured roundcube (/usr/share/psa-roundcube) to use that server, and it works. But to make it work, I needed to edit the template file to include ServerName webmail. Is it possible to enable this on the control panel? See attached screenshot. (Within Custom View Settings > Mail)
  5. Is it possible to let external things (like a cache server) add the consumed bandwith/diskspace totals count?
If I have more questions, I will add them later.

Edit: Another question.

Thanks!

Attachments

• roundcube-disabled.png
    roundcube-disabled.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back