• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Various Questions

Somebody1

New Pleskian
Warning, lots of questions ahead!

I'm using CloudLinux 6.5 with Plesk Panel 12. I searched briefly to answer these questions myself, but dind't find any satisfactory answers.
  1. Plesk uses fcgi for PHP-processing by default. How safe is this against the shell-shock bug?
    For those not knowing: The shell-shock is the misuse of environment variables. When including them in web-request, you can get a CGI-processor to execute your code. Very dangerous.
  2. Where do I disable the sending of ETags in the HTTP Host headers?
  3. How do I filter other headers? The Plesk version of NGINX does not seem to be compiled with the more_headers module...
  4. My mail is hosted on a different server, so I disabled Plesk's mail functionality. I configured roundcube (/usr/share/psa-roundcube) to use that server, and it works. But to make it work, I needed to edit the template file to include ServerName webmail. Is it possible to enable this on the control panel? See attached screenshot. (Within Custom View Settings > Mail)
  5. Is it possible to let external things (like a cache server) add the consumed bandwith/diskspace totals count?
If I have more questions, I will add them later.

Edit: Another question.

Thanks!

Attachments

• roundcube-disabled.png
    roundcube-disabled.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back