• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved VPS or dedicated licence

manel.ferre

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
I have not decided yet
Plesk version and microupdate number
the last
Good morning
(sorry for my English..)

Following the message from cpanel.. cPanel & WHM version 110 will be the last version that supports CentOS 7. Support for version 110 will end June 30, 2024.

I am migrating from a VPS with 50 accounts with CPANEL to a dedicated, my idea is to create 4 VPS with 15 accounts

i want to use plesk

If I have a dedicated server with 4 VPS, with 15 accounts on each VPS, do I have to buy 4 plesk Web host edition licenses for VPS?

or a dedicated web host is enough?

the difference in price of the webhost license if it is in a VPS or a dedicated one is almost double

I guess the answer would be that I have to buy 4 licenses

and this brings me to another question
If I have a dedicated and I set up a VPS with all the capacity of the dedicated (in order to have scalability), do I have to buy the VPS or dedicated license?

I don't quite understand why the difference in price between a license for VPS or a dedicated one...

A VPS can be considered as a separate server, because from the user perspective it has all that a dedicated server has. Each VPS can have its own environment settings, a different operating system and even different Plesk versions installed. These are all viewed as separate entities and will need their own license. You do not need an additional license for the host on which your virtualization runs.

Unless you need the reseller capabilities, maybe the Web Pro license can suffice for each of your VPS, because it covers 30 domains (you mentioned 15).

For your other question, 1 VPS only on a dedicated server, you still need the VPS license, but you do not need a dedicated license in addition to that. You do not need a separate Plesk license for the host system where you host your virtualiziation.

Back