• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail aplication

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
Hello again,

I have problem with setting mail with plesk.
I'm using Plesk on Hetzner dedicated server.

I created test user, and I have those informations
Mail server username: [email protected]
Incoming mail server: test.info
Outgoing mail server: test.info (server requires authentication)
Supported incoming mail protocols: POP3, IMAP
Supported outgoing mail protocols: SMTP

My domain was registered on godaddy, and I went there to change MX record, but unfortunealy I dont understand this part.
I already setup A record, and that is in function

And I setup MX like this,

mail.PNG

sent test mail, but unfortunealy i got this e-mail

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
example@test.info
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain test.info by smtp.secureserver.net. [68.178.213.37].

I know that was not in your domain of support, but can you help me. I cant understand to set this...

There appears to be three MX records set up. You could try removing the other two you don't need.

Yes, I had 2 records with default settings, but I added new and set priority 0 on my newly created.
mail2.PNG

Now because your advice I deleted two others, but I got same email Delivery Status Notification.

Maybe I need to wait a little?

Yeah try waiting an hour to see if it makes any difference.

Does the corresponding A-record (smtp.example.info) point to the server with the mail account on it?

hm, now I'm definitely totally confused...

When I test, and sent mail from my personal gmail account, on [email protected], I received mail that sending is Failure.

But,
I installed Microsoft Outlook, when I run, I just enter in that dialog display [email protected] and Outlook automatically setup all other settings.
mail4.PNG

I sent test mail from Outlook, and it works! I received it on my personal Gmail account, but unfortunately in SPAM folder.

I suppose that means that Outgoing is in function, but something is wrong with incoming mails?

Is problem that I set MX record like smtp.cem**.info? Maybe I nead to set just cem**.info?

Does the corresponding A-record (smtp.example.info) point to the server with the mail account on it?

No, A-record is directed to our server IP on hetzner ISP. And when I'm tipe example.info (actually cem**.info) in browser, I can view site without problems.
Now is set like this.

mail5.PNG

I supose that "@" means that mail server name is like domain is.
And that is enough to set A-record, and MX will be directer on same place like A-record?

I did not have delivery failure mail message, but also I did not received message in outlook.

Last edited:
Try comparing your DNS records with the Customer's DNS Settings in the panel on the server.

Something that I originally missed was:
(1) mail.domain.com. A [server ip]
(2) domain.com. MX (10) mail.domain.com.

After fixing that, mail works fine.

Once again, I'm probably unclear, and confused :)

I have dedicated server by Hetzner, with address 213.2**.1**.5

On that server I have one customer webspace (my webspace for testing).
Domain of this customer are registered on godaddy like cem**.info .
I set A-record for that domain on Hetzner IP address 213.2**.1**.5
Test website for that customer works without problem.

After that, I set mail account for that customer.

Questions:
1. Do I need to set MX record, or I just need to leave it by default?
Now it is by default, and I can send mail from it, but I cant receive.

2. Why that mails I send from that mail account to gmail, are in gmail SPAM folder?

3. I cant set webmail on my plesk for that customer.
When I go there, I can't chose anything other then
"none"
webmail services0.PNG

If I go to webmail services, I don't have anything
webmail services.PNG

I don't know how to register webmail, what I need to enter in those fields?webmail services1.PNG

In #1, choose a webmail that is installed with Plesk, i.e., Horde or Roundcube. It doesn't sound like you want to register a third-party webmail. Make sure you compare your DNS records with the DNS records provided by Plesk for that customer. The default settings are most likely not correct for your needs.

Hello,
thx for help.
You are right.
Neither one or the other was not installed with plesk. I added both with plesk now.
I created user again, and chose Horde with it, but unfotunealy, when I was try to open webmail.mydomain I was not succeeded

horde.PNG

in a mentime, when I practiced from Outlook, without webmail, somehow IP address of my server got to blacklist :/

And I noticed that every e-mail I sent from this account, is ended up in the spam folder.
blacklist.PNG

My friend told me, that is probably problem with "Starttls" whatewer is it :).

One more thing,
When I try to restart Postfix, I had this error

Code:
root@africka-sljiva /etc/postfix # chown root:root /usr/sbin
root@africka-sljiva /etc/postfix # postfix stop
postfix/postfix-script: stopping the Postfix mail system
root@africka-sljiva /etc/postfix # postfix start
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not set-gid or not owner+group+world executable: /usr/sbin/postdrop
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts and /etc/hosts differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_nisplus-2.19.so and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_nisplus-2.19.so differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_hesiod-2.19.so and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_hesiod-2.19.so differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_compat-2.19.so and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_compat-2.19.so differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libresolv-2.19.so and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libresolv-2.19.so differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_nis-2.19.so and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_nis-2.19.so differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_dns-2.19.so and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_dns-2.19.so differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_files-2.19.so and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_files-2.19.so differ
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

Last edited:
Hi CoyoteKG,

as a resolution, please install qmail ( which will remove postfix ) and afterwards install postfix again.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component qmail

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component postfix

In addition, you could as well use the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

Afterwards, please send a test - email to the shown mail - adress at: http://www.mail-tester.com/
... and check the results. Consider to post the results, if you would like further help.

Please keep as well in mind, that there are a lot of different log - files on your server, which help to investigate issues. Please visit and bookmark:

Depending on your issues, it might be as well a good idea to let bootstrapper repair do some work for you.

For Plesk 12.0.18, please use:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

For Plesk 12.5.30, please use:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

You will get logs for the repair procedure as well... please post them in case of any issues.

Finally, please check http://mxtoolbox.com/domain/ceman.info/ and resolve your issues, before you continue to test your mail - server and/or webmail.

Afterwards, please send a test - email to the shown mail - adress at: http://www.mail-tester.com/
... and check the results. Consider to post the results, if you would like further help.
I cant test, because when I type webmail.ceman.info I got
This webpage is not available
Probably like raematrix said, I have problem with my DNS settings, but I cant how to solve it. I set MX records on diferent ways on godaddy, but still without progress...

For Plesk 12.5.30, please use:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

You will get logs for the repair procedure as well... please post them in case of any issues.
In attachment is fail bootstrapper.txt

Also you can find other logs.
If you think that it is not safe to post here all my server's informations, please delete logs.

thanks

Attachments

• bootstrapper.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 1
  • rc_actions.log.txt
    38.5 KB · Views: 1
  • plesk_12.5.30_installation.log.txt
    350.6 KB · Views: 1
  • plesk_12.5.30_repair.log.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi CoyoteKG,

IP - adresses and domain informations are never sensitive informations and logs are needed for investigations. So please choose for yourself: Would you rather be anonymous, or would you rather get some help for your issues? ( You can alaways delete your attachments, at any time here in the forums - or when the issues are solved ).

Please consider to read and learn with for example the Plesk 12.5 online documentation, if you are new, being a server administrator = > http://www.odin.com/products/plesk/documentation/
These documents are easy to read and you can always use them to look up for settings and configurations.

Example: You are not well informed about nameserver(s), DNS - settings, etc... Why not having a look at the actual Plesk documentation and your actual settings for "ceman.info", so you are able to solve the issues with your GoDaddy - nameserver entries? Because Plesk standard settings should work on most servers, you are able to copy the standard settings from Plesk 1:1 to the GoDaddy - nameserver:

You really need to setup your nameserver settings correctly, in order to get your server to work correctly. You have for example a missing "A" entry for "ceman.info", so no one is able to resolve "ceman.info" to the IP - adress "213.239.193.5". At the moment, the IP only resolves to "static.213-239-193-5.clients.your-server.de" ( please see the rDNS settings for your IP over the Hetzner Control Panel ).

Be aware, that changes on nameservers can take up 48 hours, before they are synced with other nameservers worldwide. You could always check current synced settings with for example: http://www.dnswatch.info

Consider as well to hire a server administrator for an initial setup for your server and Plesk, if you don't want to go through the whole Plesk documentation. Even that Plesk makes it pretty easy to administrate your server, it doesn't replace a real human being, with some basic linux knowledge.

Hello UFHH01, and thanks,
your post is very helpful for me :)

I set DNS zone just like I found at Plesk for ceman.info.
Later I will test mail and other like as you advised me in the previous post.

Here is my godaddy setup screenshot.
Only thing I did not success to set is NS records.

dns zone.png

You are right that I need to hire a server administrator for an initial setup, and probably I will do some day, but first I want to try alone.

Hi CoyoteKG,

I already can see some changes now, but you still have some things to do:

"ex4.info" and "ceman.info" now resolve to "213.239.193.5", but be aware, that the reverse check of "213.239.193.5" still resolves to "static.213-239-193-5.clients.your-server.de".
I recommend to change the reverse entry over your Hetzner Control Panel, so that "213.239.193.5" resolves to "africka-sljiva.ex4.info", because you already set "africka-sljiva.ex4.info" as a hostname for your server. Please have a look at the Hetzner documentation: http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/DNS-Reverse-DNS/en and login to "https://konsoleh.your-server.de/" to make these changes.

Please keep in mind as well, to change / modify your DNS - settings for "ex4.info", because your SPF - entry for "ceman.info" shows: "v=spf1 +a +mx -all +a:ex4.info"

Consider to add DMARC and Domainkey - entries, to avoid your eMails being marked as spam.

Consider to solve your blacklisting issues. You find additional infos for each list, when you click on "More info" at "http://mxtoolbox.com/domain/ceman.info/".

Btw: http://webmail.ceman.info/ is now reachable! :)

Yes it is reachable, like ftp.ceman.info also is :).
And now I laugh to myself how could I expect to work if I did not set A-Record :)

Now I tried to send from my gmail account to [email protected], and I got error shown in delivery_status_notification.txt.
Is that problem because I need to wait next 72h for DNS propagation process?

I cant log in, I dont know what credentials to use for https://konsoleh.your-server.de/.
but I loged at robot.your-server.de, and I set it.
reverse_dns.png
I checked it via http://mxtoolbox.com/, and it is OK :)

Please keep in mind as well, to change / modify your DNS - settings for "ex4.info", because your SPF - entry for "ceman.info" shows: "v=spf1 +a +mx -all +a:ex4.info"
Actualy I don't understand this. I set TXT record for ceman.info "v=spf1 +a +mx -all +a:ex4.info", like I found on Plesk.
I google SPF and I saw that is very important because that identifies which mail servers are permitted to send email on behalf of my domain. But I dont uderstand how to set it for ceman.info and for ex4.info, and I see that is important because my mail server can be reject as spam.

ex4.info domain is not important. It is important only for accessing to server.
ex4.info we will not use for mail. When I registered Plesk, ex4.info webspace is automaticly created.

mail-tester gave to me a very low evaluation
mail-tester.png

Next thing I need to search and learin is DMARC, because mxtoolbox show me this like error :).
And I need find a way how to solve my blacklisting issues :/.

Once again, great support!!! And it is not just a phrase, literally I mean it!
I learned a lot today!

Attachments

• delivery_status_notification.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi CoyoteKG,

Now I tried to send from my gmail account to [email protected], and I got error shown in delivery_status_notification.txt.
Is that problem because I need to wait next 72h for DNS propagation process?

No this problem exist, because you have set:

Domain Type TTL Answer
ceman.info. MX 3600 0 smtp.secureserver.net
to the highest priority "0", so this will be the first transport way, which corresponding mail - servers use, when they communicate to accept or deliver eMails to your domain.
This standard GoDaddy - setting can be used, if you choose to send and receive mails over the GoDaddy - mail - server ( possible mails have to be configured over the GoDaddy - interface )... which you don't, because you want to use your server - or if you would like to use the GoDaddy - mail - server as a relay host, which you as well don't use, at the moment. Please delete the records, which you don't use at the GoDaddy - nameserver.

Your second MX priority is set to two mail - servers:

DomainTypeTTLAnswer
ceman.info. MX 3600 10 mail.ceman.info
ceman.info. MX 3600 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net​

Please remove standard GoDaddy - settings, which you don't need and use over the GoDaddy - nameserver.

To start being a server administrator, you should as well investigate issues on your own. Let's go back to your "delivery_status_notification.txt":

Code:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain ceman.info by smtp.secureserver.net. [72.167.238.29].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <[email protected]> Recipient not found.  <http://x.co/irbounce>

It states clear that the mail - server "smtp.secureserver.net" doesn't know the mail account "[email protected]" ( 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]> Recipient not found ).
If you send mails, then the first mail - server will be used ( according to the priority setting ). Only, when the first mail - server is not reachable, then the second MX - entry is used instead. But you don't have a mail - account configured at "smtp.secureserver.net", so you can't expect, that the GoDaddy - mail - server might receive mails from anyone. In fact, you configured the mail - account over Plesk and use "mail.ceman.info", so your mail - account is stored on YOUR server and not at GoDaddy's mail - server. Please keep in mind, that ONLY the IP "213.239.193.5" is YOUR server.

Actualy I don't understand this. I set TXT record for ceman.info "v=spf1 +a +mx -all +a:ex4.info", like I found on Plesk.
I google SPF and I saw that is very important because that identifies which mail servers are permitted to send email on behalf of my domain. But I dont uderstand how to set it for ceman.info and for ex4.info, and I see that is important because my mail server can be reject as spam.

ex4.info domain is not important. It is important only for accessing to server.
ex4.info we will not use for mail. When I registered Plesk, ex4.info webspace is automaticly created.

Please, CoyoteKG, think the facts over:
You configured your server with the hostname "africka-sljiva.ex4.info", so the FQDN ( fully qualified domain name ) is "ex4.info" and the servername is "africka-sljiva". When other servers communicate with your server, then your server gives the response, that the servers hostname is "africka-sljiva.ex4.info". You already have a correct setting for your "ceman.info" - SPF - entry with the TXT: "v=spf1 +a +mx -all +a:ex4.info", but if you search around the forum, then a better way would be:

v=spf1 +a +mx +a:servername.example.com +ip4:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ?all

where "+a:servername.example.com" always should match your hostname settings for your server.
where "+ip4:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" always should the your servers IP.

If you would like to know the difference for the "all" settings ( - or ? for example ), please read the official SPF - documentations: http://www.openspf.org/SPF_Record_Syntax and please check as well tutorials and informations/documentations for SPF - settings.... there are thousands all over the net.
The same for DMARC - settings, please. ^^​

This doesn't mean, that you post a screenshot... please post the result - URL, so that investigations could be done and questions to it could be answered, Normally, if you click on the several + - signs on the result page from mail-tester.com, the results are pretty well and in detail answered. Please investigate first, what possible issues you may solve on your very own.

Btw.: If you like posts on this forum, please consider to "Like" them, because other forum users are able to view instantly, which posts were helpfull for you. In addition, you have the choice to vote a post as "Best answer", when the post solved your issue. The start - post of a thread will show the "Best answer", so that forum users may not scroll around the whole thread to find a possible solution to the question/issue/problem and in addition, the thread will be marked as answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't mean, that you post a screenshot... please post the result - URL.... Please investigate first, what possible issues you may solve on your very own.
http://www.mail-tester.com/web-RRkGKK

RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT
I submited ticket for Barracuda for delisting from their spam list.

Your message is not signed with DKIM
All day I'm surfing to find how to set DMARC and DKIM, but unsuccessful. It is so confuse for now. I know what it is, but I did not find some examples how to set it.

We didn't find a mail server (A Record) behind your hostname africka-sljiva.ex4.info.
Tomorrow I will add A Record for ex4.info and fix this.

You're listed in 3 blacklists
I wrote ticket for delisting to barracuda and sorbs, but burnet-tech don't exist on that domain anymore...
edit: Now I see that burnet-tech show same result for my gmail account. http://www.mail-tester.com/web-96Z8Cj

v=spf1 +a +mx +a:servername.example.com +ip4:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ?all
v=spf1 +a +mx +a:africka-sljiva.ex4.info +ip4:213.239.193.5 ?all
The same for DMARC - settings, please. ^^​
"v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:p[email protected]"
"v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; pct=5; rua=mailto:p[email protected]"
"v=DMARC1; p=reject; rua=mailto:p[email protected], mailto:[email protected]"

I found that I need firstly to create postmaster and dmarc mail acounts.
And add in TXT firstly "none", then quarantine from 5%, and every few days to raise %. Same with "reject", then finaly when I'm sure that all mails my messages are signed, than I can set reject...
But is that all necessary for usualy using private mail? Is it bad idea to instantly set "reject"?

And I did not find how to set DKIM.

On mxtoolbox I see that my IP is on FABELSOURCES blacklist.
And only way to delist from it is to allow this
fabel.png
I do not like it, and thus often act phishing sites

Last edited:
Hi CoyoteKG,

But is that all necessary for usualy using private mail? Is it bad idea to instantly set "reject"?

... actually, in YOUR specific case ( being blacklisted for some reasons ), it is a VERY good idea to set this. You should as well investigate, which domain caused the blacklisting, to avoid future blacklistings - but these investigations are a bit more complicated and time-investing. To start, please read:

DKIM and Domainkeys: If personally find both signing procedure usefull ( please don't mix it, because they have different setups... to read more about the differences, please use Google search). While Plesk only supports Domainkey - signing at the moment, you could vote for the DKIM - implementation here:

In addition, there are some tutorials for DKIM - setups, as for example:

Your efforts will pay out, as soon as the blacklistings are removed. This may take some days...

Back