• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail login problem - not "login failed"

kdrk1977

New Pleskian
Hello, I'm using PLESK 8 / CentOS 4.2, and I'm having trouble at webmail login.

I access to http://webmail.domain and type mail address and password, load starts but when it done I'm still at the login screen.
It doesn't show an error message, just regular login screen as if I just accessed to the page.
However, I can check mails with mailer such as Outlook Express.

I start having this problem since last Friday, until then I didn't have such problem.
I checked log via SSH but I couldn't find any login error or such.

Please help me to fix this problem!!

still having trouble...

I found error message regard of this issue at /var/log/psa-horde , saying
May 23 15:25:17 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to localhost:143[imap] as ???@??????.net [on line 262 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

I changed actual IP and domain to "x" and "?".

I refered to other threads, checked out
/etc/hosts and /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/config/servers.php but looks all fine..

Please direct me if you have any ideas to fix the problem I have.
Thank you!!

same problem for me

I can log in without any errors, but it just puts me back at the log in page. I need a fix for this, anyone have any ideas?

sorry

No, I updated plesk all the way to 8.0.1 and was that did not fix the error. I also tried running the websrvmng -a command in almost every other Horde problem page and that didn't work either.

I believe it is a PHP configuration error, but I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. I will post here when I do.

php.ini fix

The problem is in the php.ini file, usually locted in /etc/php.ini

It has session.auto_start = 1, which needs to be session.auto_start = 0

It won't allow you to log in because the session is already started. 2 days of webmail down time to figure this one out. Ouch!

BTW...make sure you restart apache 'service httpd restart' for the changes to effect.

Same error here. It kicks you back to the login page. It does not do it with Squirrelmail just with Horde/IMP

same problem

Hi, i have the exact same problem and cant seem to fix it, page looks fine on login then refreshes back to the login page.

I checked my php.ini and it was fine

session.auto_start = 0

any ideas

Also check your session.save_path

I had this problem and found the path was incorrect

session_savepath

Im running Joomla on a few of these sites and used the .htaccess file to bypass the php.ini session save path for the install. Basically i point it to a tmp directory in the website root

Is there a file within Horde i should change to point to the same path?

Hi Guys,

This was exactly what it was, my PHP.ini setting was pointing to a tmp directory that didnt exist.

I altered my .htaccess back to use the server php.ini then created the relevant tmp directory with full write permissions and it works fine.

Thanks

Try to desactivate firewall iptables
Try telnet localhost 143
Is if ok and you used fedora v3 or v4, your problem is with selinux secure, selinux secure break connections socket, for resolved problem you desactive in system selinux with:

setenforce 0

and in boot of systen
nano /etc/sysconfig/selinux
SELINUX=disabled

i did all of that but not working.

- i edited /etc/hosts
- i edited /etc/php.ini
- i edited /etc/sysconfig/selinux

but still not working.

what must i do. waiting for reply. urgent problem...

Problem is Session Related

The problem is definitely session related.
Double check the session save path in PHP.ini, then make sure your webserver has write access to this directory on your server.

Example
chown root:apache /var/lib/php/session
chmod 775 /var/lib/php/session

Hope this helps.

Back